Restoring Windows BaseCamp backups to Mac OS

I have done a forum search but note that replies regarding this subject are all several years old.

In Windows, from the BC file menu, I have created a backup and saved it to the desktop. However, there is no indication that I can see of what file format is used in creating this backup.

If, when using the 'restore backup' function on the soon to be delivered MacBook Pro (Catalina) will the Mac version of BC recognise the Windows backup or is a different file format used?

Thanks.

• Try exporting the data as GPX or GDB format from Windows and importing into the MacBook.

• If I am understanding you correctly, Stephen, you are suggesting that I select 'My Collection' and then export it in either the gpx or gdb format.

As an experiment I've just tried that on my present Windows 10 machine and  whilst importing either the gpx or gdp files back into BC does indeed bring in all my saved routes by the creation of a new 'My Collection 2' folder, the entire previous file structure is not duplicated but rather one long list of routes is created.

As these amount to several hundred it is important that the present file structure is maintained so it appears that the gpx/gdp route is not the solution but thanks for the suggestion anyway.