Transfering maps - Windows to Mac

I am in the process of buying a MacBook Pro (Catalina) and ending my relationship with Windows. I have downloaded the recently released version of BaseCamp for the Mac but am now left scratching my head over how to get the installed maps and keys on the Windows machine over to the Mac. In the past when doing this exercise between Windows machines (Desktop and Laptop) I have been using JaVaWa but have now discovered that there is only a 32bit version whereas Catalina is 64bit. 

Can anyone suggest an alternative method?

• On Mac4Ever (in french) they give a command line that enable 32bits (non graphic) apps to run on catalina.

https://www.mac4ever.com/actu/147629_catalina-il-est-possible-de-reactiver-le-32-bit-via-une-ligne-de-commande

Terminal command line: sudo nvram boot-args=”no32exec=0″

I did not succeed ... 

What i would suggest:

On your PC locates your BaseCamp/Mapsource map folder. (hidden folder by default)

The .gmap maps are in c:/programdata/Garmin/maps/

You can copy the xyz.gmap folders.

Then you put your gmap folders on your Mac desktop. If you click on the folder the maps are installed by Mapmanager and recognised by BaseCamp. For the unlock keys, you have to copy them by hand from the Basecamp Maps dropdown menu.

For the older maps (non gmap) the same Map menu should indicates le location of the maps through the map manager option.

Then you should copy those map folder and convert them to new gmap format with Javawa Map Converter. You can installed those on your MAC with Map manager.

• You can also try to go back to the source where you got the map from and see if you can download a Mac version of the map. It is the .gmap format which is an archive format much like zip, not a file per say. Hopefully the unlock keys you have will also work with the mac version of the same map.

Personally I get all my maps from OSM based sources at garmin.openstreetmap.nl so they have no keys and I can download a mac version ealily. You must have mapmanager to install them on the mac, then mapinstall to install them on the Edge.

• I forgot to add, congratulations for your Mac !

• Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I received a not too helpful reply from Garmin with a 2 pages of instructions to follow. In short, this boiled down to installing MapConverter, converting the maps to a Mac format and...........etc etc. I did that only to get the message back that the maps were already in a Mac recognisable format and no conversion was necessary.

I am first of all going to follow the route of placing the relevant maps on a USB stick, bringing them over to the Mac desktop and keeping my fingers crossed that by double-clicking on them they will be installed by MapManager. If that fails, I'll install Garmin Express, connect the navigational devices, log into my Garmin account and hopefully be able to download them again from there.