This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

4.8.4 sometimes crashes on Mojave and Catalina beta + doesn't shows Cyrillic names in City Navigator Russia or OSM Maptourist maps

As per subject - why this happens only in 64bit version independently from S version?? 32bit is slow, but works with that maps perfectly - of course only under Mojave.

• They also had issues with map printing - no names shown. They fixed it in 4.8.3 but broke cyrillic names completely.

• There was an issue with non-latin characters in non-unicode maps either in the map names or in the titles when the app was converted from 32 to 64-bit. It has been fixed with the new update released today: 4.8.6 https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4449

They still not bumped the app store. In my experience crashes with some maps are regular and "normal" for BaseCamp at least when details setting is maxed out, or even not default (middle). They also broke titles in the printed maps since 4.6.2 - they just aren't shows up.

At least it is usable now. I don't know any alternative to BaseCamp with so many features so, fingers crossed, I hope it will not be abandoned.

• Wow! Unbelievable! After may 1 year or more they noticed, that Basecamp has problems with non Unicode characters :) Now its usable - thank you for info:) I also hope, that Garmin do not selects Google or Apple  way and Basecamp will not be killed as Panoramio, Picasa, Aperture and so on... 

• This issue was fixed in 4.8.6 software update. If BaseCamp does not automatically update for you, you can find the newest version of BaseCamp here: www.garmin.com/.../