4.8.4 seems faster to me.

I was a reluctant to update with so many negative post but glad I did now. I noticed a little slowness the first time open BaseCamp but not it seems faster and I have not changed the screen resolution on my mac. I have a Fussion Drive on my iMac and SSD on my MacBook which may be helping but it also may be the Dish Cashe Size and 64 bit that is giving slightly faster redraws after updating.

• I've set the cache size to maximum (5000MB) with both versions, but it made no difference. I'm using a map that has been installed on my iMac (27inch, 2017 version, OS 10.14.6)

I've made a small clip of the slow reaction of Basecamp 4.8.4 in comparison with version 4.7.0

With BC_4_8_4 you will notice 2 behaviours:

- when the hand has picked the map and is moved, the map moves after a moment (1 second)

- when the hand is placed over a course and after click on it, the course is not moved, the map is. However, when I hold the mouse button pressed for 1 second, the course does move.

3857.BC_4_8_4.m4v

With BC_4_7_0 you can notice that:

- when the hand has picked the map and is moved, the map moves immediately

- when the hand is placed over a course and after click on it, the course is changed immediately

8054.BC_4_7_0.m4v

I'll contact Garmin again (!) to report this.

• It could be my smaller screen on my iMac and MacBook Pro. Hope you find a fix.

• Have you checked activity monitor for the memory pressure graph at the bottom of the screen. If it not green you have process eating your memory on your mac. 

• Sorry about the last two post I made. My post was relative to redrawing speed of maps and assumed that was your problem. When I view the videos, I realized my posts were off subject. I'm running 10.14.6 and 4.8.4 version of BC. I am not seeing either of your behaviors. I never installed 4.8.3 and I deleted 4.7.0 after the install of 4.8.4.