MAC Catalina.

I was going to upgrade my iMac however I stopped as I got a message saying that Basecamp would not work. 

Is this true?  I checked to see if I had missed an upgrade but I haven’t.

• That's a rather vague post.

You were "going to" install what must be a beta version of macOS 10.15 (which usually only adventurous experts do) and then "got a message" saying that if you actually would install macOS 10.15 BaseCamp would not work anymore?

What exactly were you doing and from which source, or service, or application did you get exactly what kind of message? Can you repeat what you did and make screen shots and post them here? And what BaseCamp version are you talking about?

• The new basecamp 4.8.4 is 64 bit and will run on catalina

• I moved to using HomePort to store and display all of my tracks and waypoints, even though they are mostly land-based, because BaseCamp could not read the LakeVu chart (lake depth map microSD card) installed in my Garmin 64st. Now, I find out that HomePort has not been upgraded (to my knowledge) to 64-bit. Waiting for one or the other to upgrade to allow continued use...

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Not sure what happened to the OP but I received the same message.  It appears when you start the install process of the current release - not beta. JTmtn's post below prompted me to check which version of BC I was running.  It was 4.7.x.  I clicked "Check for updates" and BC said I was running the latest version.  Well clearly I was not.  Had to find and manually install 4.8.6.  Not sure why BC or Garmin Express did not prompt me to update but that fixed the problem.