Bug Sending Routes to 785 (Android)

Yesterday, I spent a half hour on the phone with Garmin T.S., and about another 4 hours running scenarios to find out why Routes are getting duplicated when sent from BaseCamp to the 785.

Bottom line, they aren't sure. However, they are finding issues with sending Routes that are in user-created lists. I shot this concept down; generating problems no matter where the Route resided in BC. Sending 1, 2, or more at at time resulted in the same problem...the Trip Planner would show a Trip Entry, with Duplicate Routes inside that Trip.

The workaround is this:

From within BaseCamp, SAVE/EXPORT your Routes to a GPX file. Those routes can be anywhere; multi-selected, all in one list, etc.

With your 785 mounted on your computer (I use Android File Transfer for my Mac), you'll place that GPX file into the Garmin/GPX directory.

Disconnect and Reboot the 785. If your GPX file contains long or multiple routes, it may take some time before they appear in the Trip Planner.

I suppose that, since the 785 has the Android backbone, there may be a way to put that GPX file onto Google Drive, and then access it from the 785.  However, I'm not sure we can get to the right directory using File Manager.

There are still issues, unfortunately, with the Departure Times, so they'll be a little jacked up. Also, I'm not sure why the 785 doesn't bring over the Date; I could swear my 770 did.

Anyway, they know there are a bunch of issues, and Garmin "says" their team has been looking into some more development with BC. Let's hope that's true, because as I told them, if they want to stay on top on the industry, BC is a needed tool, and not just a toy.