This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BaseCamp Newbie. Trail routing tools route me miles out-of-the-way to a highway.

New user, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.  When I follow the BaseCamp manual for routing a hike (selected activity) between two points on a trail, the various processes specified in the manual have each resulted in routes that goes miles (as the crow flies) off the trail to a highway, and then back.

Here are some screenshots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TYt9FAVKTRm59XEG7

The screenshots were taken when I was using BaseCamp 4.7 (default settings).  I have since updated to BaseCamp 4.8.4 (default settings) and have had the same results.  BaseCamp is on a Mac running OSX 10.14.6 and connected to a Rino 755t.  On the Rino, TOPO 100k is installed, and I believe that I have chosen that map for routing.

I'd welcome any recommendations for adjusting the default settings, or otherwise setting me straight.

If it's a matter of BaseCamp simply no longer working on OSX 10.14.6, would it make sense for me to dust off an old PC and use BaseCamp for Windows?