Updated macOS Mojave from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6. Now Basecamp 4.8.4 cannot find maps.

Basecamp 4.8.4 (and Express) were working fine on 10.14.5 with my Edge 1000 & Zumo 396.

Then I updated to 10.14.6.

Express is still fine.

Basecamp detects the Edge & Zumo, but both are greyed out so they cannot be selected, and no maps are shown.

I tried deleting every garmin/basecamp/express file/directory under my home directory, and tried it again.

Express was still fine, but Basecamp still could not find the maps.

I tried installing Basecamp on an older laptop running latest macOS "High Sierra" 10.13.6 (can't be upgraded to Mojave).

Plugged in the Edge & Zumo, and their maps were detected just fine.

So it seems as if something has changed with the 10.14.6 Update.

• Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling BaseCamp 

• This was a fresh installation of Basecamp on a clean installation of 10.14.6, with my home directory restored.

10.14.5 was installed on HFS+ which is no longer supported, and the 10.14.6 Update refused to install on it.

So a clean installation with APFS was required.

• I just did a complete removal/re-installation of Basecamp.

No change.

• I have no problems with Basecamp 4.8.4 and macOS 10.14.6 and my Garmin RV 770.

I suggest to download the free utility EasyFind (https://www.devontechnologies.com/apps/freeware), set it to search for Files & Folders, Any Word, Ignore Case, and Invisible Files & Folders, then search for "basecamp" and delete everything EasyFind finds.

After that re-install BaseCamp and see whether it works now as it should.

EasyFind is a great utility for macOS that finds really everything with a given name in it on your hard drive (unlike Spotlight which only finds what Apple thinks you should find). It is hopefully needless to say that EasyFind is not without dangers - exactly because it finds everything and lets you delete everything (although for many files it finds you have to enter your user password as some kind of security measure before they can be deleted). With care and intelligence it's great, without that it can mess up a system profoundly.

• First, if you read what was already posted, this was a *new* installation of macOS, followed by a *new* installation of Basecamp.

Second, macOS is a form of Unix, which requires no additional apps to do something as elementary as what you are describing. Just execute this on the command line in a terminal window:

sudo sh

find / -print | grep -i basecamp