This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Your BaseCamp software sucks

Garmins BaseCamp software sucks

1. Difficult and confusing on downloading both free and subscribed maps. Took me multiple forums to understand that if I wanted a see Colorado Topo, and to get that TOPO to appear in baseCamp, I first needed to download "My Trails". Make sure BaseCamp is closed, install, and it appears. Why do you depend on outside vendors, offering free software, to make your software work? Your specific customer forums where of no help... why does this exist without your control? (fyi... https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=3756.0, maps4gps, reply #6, sep 17, 2014 solved my problem... "install My Trails"... . It is hard for me to believe that you have not heard of that solution. Fix it). 

2. I was subscribed to "BirdsEye". My subscription expired. I acknowledged that and proceeded with the download. Thank you. You have licensing issues.

3. Do you have anyone working on simplicity? Your BaseCamp interface is borderline 2001... it fails on so many levels. Perhaps someone wants to go camping, you have rich resources to show camping sites, and details, yet your 2000 interface makes me downloads maps, upload coordinates, pick destinations, etc. I can search Google and find the place i want to stay. It will get me there. What that search does not include is the resource of trails and activities I might be able to do there. You have the resources and capabilities to do this, but your software is so antiquated, it is impossible.

4. Why do I have a USB 1 connection on my device? I bought in 2018 and hard to even find cords that support charging and downloading.

5. Garmin Map Guys... we are all not all as smart as you. Make your product work better for the idiots!

Thank You

• I don't categorize myself as an idiot, especially when it comes to computers :-) But, this software is seriously lacking. I kind of work through the idiosyncrasies, but the bugs (like not being able to see white lettering...or the program not being able to recognize when I want to reorder stops, is making it basically unusable.

• I've used it for years and it all works for me.  It's a free program and development stopped a while back so it is what it is, afraid if you don't like it you'll need to find something else you do, or if you're simply having trouble making it work ask here for help, often the issue is the user not the program, but start a new thread please.