RV Attributes

Considering buying RV 770 or 780 to use in our motorhome.

Using Basecamp v4.8.4 on iMac. Want to set it up for RV and enter attributes. Can't figure out where/how to do that.

Help.

• If it's like the RV760 that I have, you have to enter those on the unit itself, not in Basecamp. Also, note that you will also probably have to do any waypoint deletions on the unit.

Fred

• You also should know that BaseCamp for macOS (and maybe also for Windows) cannot transfer trips to the device if a propane tank is added to the RV details on the device. This is a bug in BaseCamp that Garmin blissfully ignores since years (and is not even forthcoming in letting its customers know). You have to leave the propane tank out off the RV details on your RV 760/770/780 if you want to use BaseCamp to create trips and then transfer them to the device!

I found this out by reading more or less by chance a review for the RV 780 on Amazon - after having spent countless hours trying to get trips transferred from my Mac to an RV 770, including spending several hours with Garmin's support in chats and on the phone, and even including getting my at that time new RV 770 exchanged under warranty from Garmin.

Garmin constantly insisted that it should work, but apparently they never ever even once tried to do it themselves with a properly configured RV 770 ("properly" meaning: with a propane tank as part of the RV attributes on the device).

After taking the propane tank out of the RV details on my RV 770 I had no problems anymore to transfer trips from BaseCamp to the device.

• Hers the ANSWER to your question.

Yes! Simple to use the RV Routing with your attributes such as weight, height, and even speed comp.

Go to preferences and click on the Routing tab.

Select RV from the pop up menu of difference those of routing,ie driving, biking, hiking, etc

Make any needed changes to the RV parameters.

thats it. Now, Whenever you make a route or trip, be sure that RV routing is selected from the little menu.