This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't display photos or videos in the mobile app

New user here (so apologies etc) but I thought I'd just upgraded to a Virb Elite (from an iOn Air Pro) but, apparently the iPhone app doesn't support display of photos or clips on the mobile app - is this really true?

If so, that's a massive oversight, what's the point if you can't playback clips without recourse to cables and a laptop?!
  • away opleosh

No, you can´t play the recorded media from your Elite onto the phone.
    The feature is reserved to Virb X & XE. Next time you´d better inform yourself, before upgrading to an obsolete Cam.

It´s also not possible to use the GoPro-App with the first and second generation. Fore comprehensible reasons, I would say.
  • Thanks... defo misled

All the info around the Virb says you can use the app... and the screenshots in the app store show video playback... and then buried in the small print is the part about not being able to view video. Very shabby way to carry on IMHO.

Thanks for the info, however... I shall be returning and buying GoPro camera forthwith!
  • Thanks for the info, however... I shall be returning and buying GoPro camera forthwith!

Or Virb XE, I love it :)
  • Can't display photos or videos in the mobile app? Really?

This is very disappointing. How does an application like this does not view the pictures and videos? Any cheaper camera, even the Chinese, has applications that allow this. It is for these reasons that the GoPro cameras sell more. It seems more crazy marketing tactics to sell more new camera models.

Come on Garmin, you're bigger than that. Update the applications of smartphones and tables to allow viewing and editing our photos and videos with the Virb and Virb Elite.
  • It is for these reasons that the GoPro cameras sell more. It seems more crazy marketing tactics to sell more new camera models.

As I suggested before: The GoPro-App isn´t able to do that either! Try to download the latest App and connect it with a GoPro 1, 2 or Hero. Good luck!
    It´s a feature, which came with the X & XE camera and could not be downward compatible.
  • Clarity of information

As I suggested before: The GoPro-App isn´t able to do that either! Try to download the latest App and connect it with a GoPro 1, 2 or Hero. Good luck!
    It´s a feature, which came with the X & XE camera and could not be downward compatible.

If this is a feature that is present only in newer models, should inform it. Garmin continues to sell a camera without telling their customers that this feature is not possible. This is informed just in time to download the application for smartphones / tablets in the app stores and not on its own page.

I do not need luck, I would not do as suggested for a simple reason: On the website of GoPro shows that these models cited by you is not compatible with the application. On the other hand, the Garmin website says Virb and Virb Elite are compatible with the application but does not report any limitation. This should be clear in the camera specifications.

That's the difference, clarity of information.