This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 10 years ago
    VIRB Elite window says I need to update firmware on Camera and open Virb Edit to do so. Update is done through Garmin Express.
  • Former Member
    Mine is done Droid Bionic/ Firmware 3.0 installed via Windows 8.1. No issues in either case!
  • Former Member
    My Samsung Galaxy SIII just updated from 4.1.2 to 4.3 remote is working but my SIII is reporting "Your Internet Connection is unstable"
  • put it on my Galaxy S3, updated the Virb Firmware (The instructions on the phone said to connect the Virb to Virb Edit to upgrade firmware, no way to do it that way that I could see, ended up doing it through the device manager on the Garmin website)

It works, but be aware, while your phone is connected to the VIRB, it's now your network conduit for data, your phone will now only accept phone/sms messages when on 4G any other apps that need data, like google maps, email, won't work. I haven't yet figured out how to keep mobile data up while connected to Wifi. Just something to be aware of.

The screen image keeps pixelating, so not the best to use. When going into the menu to change the camera settings, it "looks" like you can make changes, but so far, I have found that nothing actually changes on the Virb. Example would be while changing from "Ultra Zoom" to "Wide" No change, but if you go back into the Menu, it says it will be on "Wide" but the picture proves otherwise.
  • Former Member
    I would be happy if we had Start, Stop and Playback via Android phone to start out with and let the rest come later