This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Dashcam 55 Not connecting to VIRB on iphone 11

Former Member
Former Member

Hello, 

I''ve had a dual garmin dash cam 55 set up for the past year. I have recently had issues with my second dash cam that I have as the rear dash cam recorder. The trouble with my second Garmin Dash Cam 55. It's still stuck on the set up bug that has you putting in language, time, unit etc. I know it's a known issue, but it's still stuck in this setup boot loop. This is the current Dashcam 55's software version 

• Dashcam 55 has the following software version =  software version 4.0, GPS Firmware 1.26 

I have tried updating my camera through garmin express, but it will not complete the secondary part to where it will not install the current firmware update once you plug the dashcam back into  in the car and I'm stuck on that boot loop. 

• Garmin Express ver 7.7.1.0 on my PC

Dashcam 55's Wifi is still detectable by my iOS devices, but the Garmin VIRB app cannot detect the dash cam itself. 

• iOS 14.7.1 on my iPhone 11 
  • iPadOS 14.7.1 on my 4th gen Ipad pro 9.7 in model. 

I need help in trying to factory reset my dash cam so I can install the new firmware.