This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ultra 30 and iPhoneSE - Virb App will Not Connect

Former Member
Former Member
Hi There,

My Virb Ultra 30 will not connect to the iOS app on my iPhoneSE (running iOS10). I can see the WiFi network created by the virb and connect to it no problems but when i open the Virb app it won't let me past the 'Open iOS Settings, connect to WiFi and come back' page.

If i connect the Virb to my home network it works fine but i need a direct connection to my phone so i can use it away from home. I've tested the Android app on my tablet which works perfectly so i'm pretty sure i'm doing everything right.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
  • I'm having the same issue with my VIRB Ultra 30 with an iPhone 7 with IOS 10. Opened a ticket and the only response I've received in 4 days is: am I running the newest firmware (I am) and how to create a Wifi network from the VIRB. Seems like there is a bug here and I'm wondering if I should return it. I really like the G-Metrics features over competitors but I need to be able to control it from my phone.