This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why can't I donwload photos on Virb XE to my phone?

It's a natural thinking that a wifi camera should be able to transfer photos to mobile. I'm disappointed when I realized that my Virb XE Can't. :(

That fact killed my purpose to use XE as a walk around camera when I travel without a notebook. Or to share photos to strava right after a workout.
  • You can "share" the pictures to every installed application, which can handle images.
    So, you were able to send them via Whatsapp, edit them by Instagram, upload to facebook, dropbox, ect. or do whatever you´d like.
  • You can "share" the pictures to every installed application, which can handle images.
    So, you were able to send them via Whatsapp, edit them by Instagram, upload to facebook, dropbox, ect. or do whatever you´d like.

That's not a solution but a compromise.

Virb App can't do many things through "share".
    What if I want to post pics in my XE to Strava right after the workout?
    What if I want to show some pics to friends without XE?(I can't just upload every photo to instagram, fb, twitter)
    What if I want to backup my photo to my cloud storage?
    What if I wnat to edit in 3rd party image editor before "share", like snapseed I'm using?

As mentioned I also want to use XE as travel or everyday camera to record everything.
    And I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Other than few try out, I didn't use Virb App once for editing or review. All the after work was done on PC.
    Garmin should admit and work hard on the mobile software weakness. That's an elephant in the room.

BTW, I was failed to add my friend in front of me to my garmin connect contact. Because we couldn't figure out a way to find each other. lol
    Are we in the time of social network?
  • The share sheet in iOS includes "Save image" [to the camera roll] and from there you can do with it whatever you want. It also includes any cloud storage app you have installed.
  • If you have an android download ES File Explorer, you will then be able to "save to device" using this :)
  • Wired?

If you have an android download ES File Explorer, you will then be able to "save to device" using this :)

Hi Dew,

I assume you mean by Wire?!
    I did not succeed transferring files using ES by Wifi. Or did I miss something there?
  • Hi Dew,

I assume you mean by Wire?!
    I did not succeed transferring files using ES by Wifi. Or did I miss something there?

No not by wire, via wi-fi direct.

From the Virb app when connected to your Virb, from the media library click on the share icon and you will see "save to device" where you can select a folder on your phone/tablet.

(You need ES File Explorer installed)