DIY Garmin 010-11921-18 External MIC Adapter

I'm looking for this exact cable for the Garmin VIRB Elite. If anyone has one and doesn't need it anymore shoot me a private message with what you'd like to sell it for.

Thanks! Slight smile

• Despite owning Garmin's VIRB Audio/Video cable (Part #010-11921-14), I found it too bulky for use when cycling and prone to disconnecting from the USB port when going over bumps and the like. With no luck finding the External Mic Adapter cable after scouring the earth I decided to make my own. I'm posting some directions along with images here if anyone chooses to do the same. I know the VIRB Elite has been discontinued for some time but I still find it one of the best options for recording my cycling and motorcycling adventures. Combined with the overlays in the VIRB Edit software I'm able to produce some very info rich videos. I own both the VIRB Elite (white model) and VIRB Basic (grey model). I'm hoping the lighter cable made here will prove more reliable for those bumpy rides. They say pictures are worth a 1000 words so here are few for the diy'er. Slight smile

The links to the cable...

Mini USB 10 pin Molded Cable

3.5mm Female Jack bare wire ends

Good Luck...

TekRider

• Holy crap, Batman. You are a life saver! This is amazing stuff. I hope I can follow along and modify one of the 4 cords that never worked. Guess I have spares lol 

Thanks, man!