HomePort 2.1.0 is now available.

A new version of HomePort has been posted to the update server. Use Help->Check For Software Update... to download the new version.

- Both land maps and navigation charts are now supported.

- Improved the display of tide level and tide current properties.

- HomePort 2.1 overall user interface layout and controls have changed to more closely match BaseCamp 3.3.

- United States Federal Mineral release blocks are now shown on the fishing chart.

- Data shown on the fishing chart more closely matches that shown on the chart plotter.

- The create tools for routes, tracks, and waypoint have been separated and are always enabled.

- User Data Sync devices, such as the GpsMap 78s handheld marine device are now supported. This change includes support for Garmin Birdseye Satellite imagery and Garmin Custom Maps on compatible devices.

- The time toolbar has been replaced with a Tide Prediction Time dialog. Tide levels and tide currents are now always displayed on the chart and no longer depend on the state of the time toolbar.

- Tide level diagrams and current arrows can be disabled using the Display Options.

- Fuel consumption calculations outside of the values given by the Boat’s Speed / Fuel Flow table now use the rule that fuel consumed is proportional to the cube of the speed.

- Anonymous usage information is now collected, provided that the user agrees by opting in.

- The route tool no longer picks up names and symbols from the map data and no longer snaps to close lines.

- The route properties dialog now has an add waypoint button.

- Route leg information is now presented with better numerical precision.

- Corrected issue with gray boxes drawn at some zoom levels when certain buoy types were present.

- Improved the import and export of data in GPX file format. (Larger files can now be imported and exported at a higher speed, with a practical file size limit of 50 – 100 MB depending on the contents of the file.)

- The data backup file format has changed. Backups made with version 2.0.4 or earlier will not restore onto version 2.1.0 or later.
  • This worked for me - whan all else failed.

put this address in your browser:-

http://www8.garmin.com/gcdfiles/HomePort_2.1.1_Update.exe
  • Does anybody have this problem? The new Homeport now fails to recognize my Garmin SD card G2 maps.

Is there a trick here I'm missing? I've been using Homeport since it first came out.

I have the same problem but I found, by accident, a work around. I have the actual Bluechart SD card installed in a handheld GPS. I sat down this morning to try and figure the problem out. I had backed up the Bluechart SD on my HDD. Rather than take the card out of the device I installed my backup on a blank SD card and started Homeport. The charts of the eastern caribbean are there! I'm not sure why this works or if it will work for anyone else but it worked for me. I will eventually try some of the other fixes mentioned here but right now it's not so urgent.
  • When I installed the Homeport 2.1.0 pkg all my files and waypoints disappeared. This is a serious issue considering that I have thousands of waypoints that I have been organizing. I dont have them all backed up either. Why was there no warning from Garmin? I would have not downloaded the update.

Does anyone know how I can get my waypoints back?

Thanks.

This is not normal and shouldn't have happened, that's why there was no warning from Garmin. I think you did something wrong. I have updated HomePort on three different computers each time an update has been available and have not lost any user data.

As for your waypoints, they are not on your device? On an SD card that you use to transfer them to or from your device?