Beta Playlists available

Dear beta-testers,

We have made the Playlist feature available in the Tacx training app Beta.

The official release is still a few weeks away but we would like to get your input on the feature.

That’s why we have enabled the playlist feature already on Beta for you to try out and provide input.

Feature overview:

1. Progress tracking: no longer needed to manually check which is the next ride in the playlist.
  2. Continue where you left off: Save wherever you want in a ride and continue in the next session (also works for rides that are not part of a playlist)
  3. Never stop cycling: directly continue your next playlist ride from the cooldown screen.

Playlist Content:

There are 2 short playlists that allow you to experience the full set of playlist features. We have also added 3 playlists that will be more in line with the real playlist release.

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Tom Nijbroek

PO and business analyst Software & Apps

• I have no idea why you cannot see any playlists;Mike.

I have just completed ride 2 of Short Films 2 this time using IPad.Progress tracking(continue from ride 1 to 2)working between TDA and iPAD.Personally for me this saving between rides is like hitting a brick wall.(the ride has uploaded to GC/Strava)Ride 3 in playlist will have to wait until tomorrow.

• Short Films 2 Playlist feed back.

I completed 2 more rides in playlist and a test stopping on the 3rd film.

The first and second film only took seconds to save and the next film soon started.The early stop on film 3 had the option to save and the continue is there to be seen next time in the playlist.

It still feels like a playlist in part rides and to many activities going on my Strava Dashboard.

If this is the way it has to be done because of saving issues then i can now be positive and say it works as a basic playlist.

Bug reports-Profile bubble not showing on 2nd and 3rd films,GPS not showing on 2nd and 3rd film.

• Would be "cool" in the playlist sub-menu having the option to select the video you wanna ride for that training session and "autosave" between one and the other been "automatic"; about the "most wanted" LAP feature, happy to read that is work in progress White check mark

• Well in reality it is doubtfull you would DISCARD as even if only did part of 2nd stage you would still want it SAVED and  attached to 1st part as one complete ride

• This playlists implementation is NOT better than nothing.. In playlist section you have to start at any particular ride and then just plays all rides below where you started (until you stop) .. You cannot pick rides you want out of that playlist and just join them.. And as each ride saves individually and not as joined ride then what is the point Confused

• Using TDA/TTA for training using the playlist "wonderful feature", we need to account multiple RLV as a unique training session when uploaded and saved in Connect in order to have a proper training metrics that reflect the work done, in particular: IF, TSS, NP

• I have to agree with Mal.

Its only useful for challenges were you have to save after every film.

This is not joining rides its a simple playlist.

If the laps can be joined into one ride then the same needs to be done with the playlist.

Might as well just use the filters as it stands.

• Tom you save the first ride,  

• Hi, I am not a beta tester.  This functionality is on my desktop app now and I've tried it out.

I was in the Base Builders Playlist.  I had ridden most of Canal du Midi, leaving a bit over 1 mile left.  Saved the ride.

Came back a few days later and finished the ride.  It asked if I would like to continue on to the next ride.  I said yes.  It said, sorry can't load the next ride but we saved your activity.  But it did not save.  It has never appeared anywhere (not in activity history in the Tacx app, not in the Garmin app, not in Strava - none of them reflect this ride.)  I let it go, because it was only a mile.

Later I decided to ride that mile (so it would stop prompting me to ride it) and deliberately saved the file instead of choosing to "continue".  Then I manually selected the next ride.  Successfully saved both rides.  

Today, my husband did a similar thing.  He had a ride in the Beta Team Favorites playlist to complete.  He finished it and chose the Continue option.  Same result - it did not save the ride he did and did not load the next activity.  Much more disappointing since it was a much harder ride than the one I did.

I hope there will be a fix.  Meanwhile, we will avoid choosing "Continue" in the prompt at the end of a ride, we will "Save" and then manually launch the next ride.  Too risky to hit the "Continue" button.

Otherwise, we have really liked this app!

Thank you

• I had exactly the same experience as you Lisa

Mine was a 60min Sweet Spot workout that was lost. Wasn't prepared to redo it!