This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosport update requires a restart - how do you "restart" the Vivosport?

I'm using Garmin Express to update my Garmin Vivosport. Step 1 of 2 is to install the new software. Step 2 of 2 is to "restart your device". It wants me to eject and unplug my device from the computer which I can do. Then power it off and on and wait for the device to restart. I don't see how to do that, and suspect it might not be possible. These are steps and instructions in Garmin Express specifically for the Vivosport! After restarting, I need to plug the device back in to the computer to complete the update. Garmin express is stuck waiting for these steps to be done. I can't go back to the home or do anything with the Garmin Express. I can plug the Vivosport back into the computer, but the Garmin Express doesn't continue to complete the upgrade. If I try to quit Garmin Express I get an alarming warning saying if I quit while updating is in progress, my device may not work properly and/or may lose date. So, I'm completely stuck.