This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivomove sport software update 3.01 troubles

The new update is absolutely useless. My vivomove sport is crashing every 10 seconds and unresponsive, until I connect it to the charging cable. But as soon as I disconnect it from the cable, it is unresponsive again. It wont connect to my phone without the cable and stops recording activities soon after starting. 

• My watch is brand new, first day wearing it was 6th October, it was fine until Saturday morning when I realised the hands were all wrong and it wouldn't connect to the app. I followed all the bluetooth troubleshooting instructions with no luck. The watch kept flashing the white triangle then the hands would go all funny. Right now it is tracking my steps and HR but it is not connected to the app. I thought I had a lemon then found this thread/forum.

I am SO disappointed. I emailed the AUS support email with no response. If this does not get fixed soon I will be asking for a refund.

• Having the same issues as well after last firmware upgrade. Is there any known work arounds?

• I have found that the best solution at the moment is to do the following:

Switch off your Bluetooth on the watch and only switch it on when your watch is connected to the charging cable.

This way you can sync with your phone etc. But then switch it back off again when you disconnect.

Still waiting on a response from Garmin. I think it will help if a lot of people contact Support and bother them until this issue is resolved.

• my watch totally freezes after update and cannot reboot it >photo<

• After update the watch syncs only on cable if i try without a cable it freezes. The solution is to turn off the Bluetooth on the watch. Hope to fix that soon and to add option "do not update"!

• i'm experiencing the same issue! Please release a fix asap!

• All, if you are experiencing this please respond with the following answers: 

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. South Africa

• 1.&2. - For me is ok... 3. - I live in the EU, Romania... but, guys... the software is the problem... look in the previous update related threads, no comment against... this, 3.01, turns watches into problematic half bricks... like the case when, on a pc with windows,  i install a wrong device driver (by force)... resulting an instable system...

• 1. yes

2. yes

3. Europe / Greece