Watch unresponsive to touch

Occasionally the watch becomes unresponsive to wrist raise or double tap. Can't figure out how to get to the menu or how to force a power off to restart it.

Sometimes waiting a while resolves this. Today a hard clap of the hands together in frustration caused it to start working again. Didn't hit the watch, just clapped hard and I guess it jolted it awake. When it does work, often have to tap the screen multiple times to register selection or swipe. 

It's only been in use since Christmas with indoor activities. No physical damage, never been dropped, etc.

Is this device defective? Anyone else have this problem? 

Vivomove Style Light Gold.

• This continues to happen to me pretty frequently and somehow it works again. It's really frustrating. The watch is so pretty bit doesn't work nearly as well as my the other Vivomove model I had. I've only had this watch for a little over a year and can't believe how many issues I've had. I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Samsung Galaxy 6 Watch to replace it.

• I moved from vivomove style to Venu 3. It works flawlessly as opposed to vivomove style. I purchased my vivomove style when it first came out for like 350 dollars and it was not a watch for that price. That watch needs buttons because touchscreen works like crap probably because of the overall design of the watch. However, it served me well enough for 4 years to make me purchase another Garmin.