This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Luxe watch returned. Style over substance.

So I've decided to return my vivomove luxe (Black/Silver) primarily due to a suspected fault with the touchscreen. Sometimes it just wouldn't respond for minutes at a time. Could be a software issue but I'm not interested in waiting to find out! I really wanted to like this watch but overall it is too flawed a product to invest in. A "proper" watch at this price point needs to be 100% reliable!

Pros

• Aesthetically very pleasing.
  • Very comfortable to wear.
  • Good materials and finish.
  • Less distracting than full smart watch.

Cons

• Hands difficult to see in artificial light due to radial reflections in the crystal.
  • Hands impossible to see in low light.
  • No second hand and very limited display of seconds when using smart display.
  • Terrible battery life. Around 2.5 days with gestures switched off.
  • Very soft vibration making it unsuitable as a wake up alarm.
  • Cannot set alarm times on the watch, only turn on/off alarms set in Garmin Connect.
  • Smart display difficult to see in sunlight.
  • Poor discrimination between running and walking for auto activities and very inaccurate distance estimation without any sensible calibration options.

Of course, this is just my opinion but some may find it useful. It is not a mistake that I have listed no pros relating to the functional use of the watch! I'm going back to my FR935.

• Trouble is, this is I feel not a serious tracker. If your into running then stay away from this or sports.

I feel it's only made as a watch that looks like a watch with general tracking features for the ordinary person who just likes to see how they are going rather than anything serious like sports or running.

For me it shuits me fine. My cycling I rely on my bike computer for biking and gives more accurate data.

For general tracking this watch is fine for me and tried all kinds of smart watches and fot me found it's the best.

Love a watch with physical hands and looks like a watch.

Had a fenix 5 plus and did not to me look like a watch as it has graphical hands and dull display. Just not the same.

• I may try biking with this on and my GPS garmin 1030 as I know this is accurate, and see how both compare.

• The Vivomove doesn't have GPS - it takes GPS from your phone. So it's more or less as accurate as your phone GPS.

• True, forgot this fact. But maybe a way to test my phones GPS?

• I am also 50/50 in my decision to return it or not. I love the design and the fact it is so lightweight to wear, but a few things are really annoying.

The BT gets disconnected when only 2-3 meters away (with only one wall in between).

The touchscreen, not great, but I can cope with that.

Battery seems bad, but I need to do some more cycles before a final judgement.

Sleep detection is veeeery bad. I go to bed to read at night, and the moment I lie down, the vivomove detects it as sleep. Even deep sleep!!! Yesterday I went to bed and read 2 hours and this morning, I realized I was deeply sleeping during those 2 hours (ok, the book was not that bad!). My other watch (Huawei Watch GT) is very precise, and I do not understand how a company like Garmin that makes these devices as a mission, can be not better than a phonemaker.

Also like I mentioned in the other post, the set of activities I can start from the watch are too basic: I can start a run, but that's it! No way to add a custom workout, to start an interval training or smth like that. This annoys me a lot.

Let's see...  I still have a couple more weeks to decide but it's surely going in the "return" direction...

• I have had mine for about 3 weeks. Only had sleep sleep tracking off about 1 hour off twice, so impressed at sleep accuracy, far better than my previous Gamrin 5 plus and orginal viviomove hr.

To get better sleep accuracy I think the Oxy sensor needs to be enabled.

• Not sure about that. I think, enabling the oxy sensor comes off HR / sleep detection, because it's enabled only when you're sleeping and only for a part of your sleep - at least for me (e. g. slept for 8hrs, oxy measured for about 5hrs). I also encounter off sleep times, mostly when doing things like alanzed - I got used to it wth the vivomove HR already, but yeah, it's not so great if you can't trust a device that you're wearing for exactly this reason.

I have to admit, if I haven't loved its style so much, I would have returned it. Although it is working quite ok, it has too many small flaws which I find too much for a watch at 550,- €. To name a few: Somestimes, HR measuring seems to be incorrect and you never know when; in the last few weeks, it would lose BT connection (apparently a process hung up because it also drained the battery a lot) two times - only solution was to restart it by connecting it to the power cable. Not so cool if you're not at home and wanted to track using connected GPS. When phone calls come in, the display goes on/off for a glimpse of an eye several times before it stays steady and you can read whose calling you. Touch screen is hard to use. For strength training I've given up to try to correct the count. Double-tap only works every now and then. Some days ago, the hands were totally off and I had to recalibrate them. I mean, if I had paid like 200,- € for it, maybe I would accept these flaws (although the vivomove HR seemed to be more stable, but if I remember correctly, also not from the beginning). But for 550,- €? Well...

• Have no trouble with mine. Double tap works everytime, very accurate sleep tracking, bar only 2 times in 3 weeks was out by 1/2 to 2 hour.

No issues with BT. This is a better watch I  everyway to the first vivomove hr which had very.poor sleep tracking and hands used to get out of sync.

HE tracking is slightly better than the fenix 5 plus was.

No issues what so ever with this watch.