This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VivoFit Jr3 Screen brightness - Not

Just purchased a Vivofit Jr3 and also complained of screen brightness with or without backlight.  These do NOT display the same brightness levels as are shown on all of Garmin's advertising photos/videos, and should be considered false advertising. 

It appears that this has been an issue in several devices for several years now. 

Without a solution to change contrast, background or increase brightness it is a disappointment for as good a company as Garmin (at least I thought).

• I wish I read this before I bought the Garmin jr 3 for my kids for Christmas. They are so disappointed this morning and so am I. No touch screen either?? Should of got them a cheaper fit bit With move sensor for light up screen and touch screen. Not kid friendly at all

• Also let down by screen brightness. Should of purchased a cheap overseas ripoff instead of purchasing because of Garmin name. Disappointing Christmas present in the end. 

• I have the same issue.  My daughter was so looking forward to getting this for Christmas... and she is almost in tears with disappointment.  Shame on you Garmin, for leading us on with inaccurate photos!

• So what happens when it’s dark?! 

• Just set up my daughters watch. This technology that has been discussed on this thread seems little more than marketing spin for “We’re using disposable, inferior batteries that cannot cope with a brighter screen”. 

The watch is quite frankly appalling. The screen indoors is barely visible. My kids do spend a lot of time outside but when they’re indoors, my daughters watch is useless. And when it’s dark, how does this tech benefit her if it relies on sunlight?! 

Like everyone else it appears, we’ve been mislead over the watches performance. The marketing of this device is grossly misleading and I shall be taking this further. 

• Same and the Garmin main screen name won’t update to the child name. Disappointed really. Feel a Fitbit replacement will be in the cards. Shame.  

• I’ve just set up the vivofit jr 3 my son got for Xmas. I sat down and went through all the settings looking for how to adjust the screen brightness but alas  you can’t. It’s extremely disappointing. A regular analog watch would be easier to read. How is he meant to look at the time when he wakes up? Poor product. Expected more of such a well known brand.

• I have the same issue with other parents. 

I can see how disappointed from my daughter's face even she didn't say it out. She was very happy when she know she is getting this for her Christmas present, but the happy face stopped after she tried the watch.

At day time, when I tried to read the time I need to move the watch to where the light is, otherwise, it's too hard to read;

I tried to read the time in the dark. If I press it once, it won't make it brighter but change to other features; If I press it for 1 second it will become brighter but jump to the menu screen; I can only read the time if I press the button for half second. Otherwise you need to keep pressing it to loop back to the time screen. I don't know if I can explain the "half second" to her to let her know it's the only way to read the time if it's too dark.

I feel very sorry to give her this present, even she didn't say anything about it. If Garmin put a demo watch in store, I can guarantee no one would buy it.

• I’m having the same issue. My daughter loves this watch she got for Christmas and we’re both loving the chore and rewards settings, but it’s so hard to see! We live on 5 acres and she’s constantly outside, however the brightness never improves. Like many others, we are also not able to return.