This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 suddenly experiencing severe battery drain

My 2.5 year old Vivoactive 3 is usually great with battery life, lasting several days even with activities being recorded. Usual battery life is around 10% drain per day without activities. Several times in the last year or so I've experienced a sudden battery drain which has always been fixed by restoring factory settings. About 3 days ago this issue resurfaced but I have not been able to fix it using my usual methods. All settings have been adjusted to where I usually have them - 10% brightness, short backlight timing etc etc, but I'm at a loss as to why it has so suddenly started draining a full battery in 6-12 hours.

In looking through other forum posts I've at least managed to fix the GPS sensor issue I've had for the last few months, but unfortunately it hasn't magically fixed my battery issue. It's dropped 2% while typing this.

I really like my watch and don't like having to buy new tech when it's been working so well. Please advise what I can do to fix it Garmin!

• Ok so I couldn’t solve the battery drain problem so I got in contact with garmin spain. They ask for my serial number and then told me to send them the device, they checked it and they sent me a recertified model completely free of charge. M. Thanks Garmin, great customer support is the sign of a great company. My wife says shes going to get one now too! 

• Battery was charged  to 100 % at 7.00. It's 23.00 (so 16 hours), and I'm at 60 %, without any activity ofc. V3 are my 2nd garmin watches, first 225 died due to battery drain, and I kinda expected these will last like 5 years or so.

I'm not satisfied with ~25 % discount for v4, and I'm starting to be convinced I won't give garmin 3rd chance... 

• Buenas,

Por favor, dime cómo lo has hecho porque a mí me piden un pago de 100€... 

• As I said before, I am on the other hand completely disappointed with Garmin support. After explaining situation they said it  is HW error from the start, even thou it manifested itself after software update, but didn't offer anything, not even to buy refurbished item, not to mention to send one free.
    But I would really like to know how it could be HW problem, and since there are other cases with identical battery problems after update why can't they make some hot fix that make it works like previous versions when there weren't battery problems or at least give an option to revert back to older version, because realistically speaking my local Garmin will never offer me another watch.

• I've had the same issue with mine and replaced with 2 different new batteries to no effect. I have managed to find a solution which worked for me. On one occasion I had reassembled the watch and realised that the altimeter sensor had got left out! This is a separate small board that sits just above the main button. All of a sudden I went from a few hours to several days battery life again! My solution was to put the sensor back, but tape over the contacts so it is not in use. The GPS still works, although I haven't checked the accuracy of the altitude. However, looking at other discussions this is not very accurate for this watch anyway! I contacted Garmin but they do/will not supply a replacement sensor, but to be honest everything seems to be working as before but with good as new battery life again.

• hay! how did you manage to udpate it, can you please share the steps.

• thank you, I am trying now, will let you know how it goes

• My Vivo3 is behaving pretty weird since 2 weeks. I never had  problem with it since i bought 3 years ago.

I did factory reset, switch off on, reinstall connect app in differenet devices etc but watch is just not showing up in BT.

Full Battery is juts training in half a day approximately. Never expected this can happen to Garmin watch who is cometent to Apple watch.

Any solution to fix above problems?

• Please try these steps: Remove and Add a Device From the Garmin Connect App. If you continue to have trouble, please reach out to our Garmin Support team.