This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive not pairing with jaybird Vistas anymore

I brought this up a few months ago when there was a new firmware.  I've not updated anything since then, but in the last few weeks, my Jaybird Vistas pair for just a few minutes, then unpair.  volume controls also don't work on the watch (they never have).  @Garmin, any ideas or fixes here?  I've confirmed that the headphones connect successfully to multiple comptuers and my phone, so I've isolated the problem to the watch itself

• Completely different message from Jaybird:

"We have been getting reports of the connectivity issues you are experiencing with your Garmin watch for quite some time now, unfortunately. Our engineers have been in contact with Garmin regarding the issues, and Garmin initially had a firmware update that was put out that was supposed to fix the issue, but didn't. Since then, Garmin has let us know that they are working on a fix and that it should come in the form of another firmware update, but it hasn't happened yet.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience! Going forward, I would continue to keep an eye out for a firmware update for your watch, and hope that they fix it this time around.

Vista 2 works well with other running watches except for Garmin. Garmin watches has an issue with the compatibility with Vista 2 software, We need to wait for the Garmin to come up with the software update for your watch to resolve the connection issue. I would like to inform you that issue does not lie with the Vista 2."

So it sounds like they are both waiting on each other to come up with a fix... I have a feeling this will never be resolved.

I have now learnt to cope without music while I run.

•   Is this the case?  It seems nonsensical that there's not been a fix yet.  I can't imagine another company waiting over two years for a patch or firmware update to get this handled.  It's not like Jaybirds is a small time headphone manufacturer, especially in the health and wellness sector.  I work at a similar sized company that produces hardware, software, and firmware as well, and I don't think there's ever been anything quite as negligent as this.

Like I said, something in my equipment needs to be replaced.  If it needs to be the watch, please let me know and I'll take a look at another brand so that I can have what the Vivoactive advertises.

•   My run today was 22:23.  The watch worked fine and paired up through 13:20.  Music stopped, headphones disconnected.  I reconnected.  Music stopped again at 16:15, headphones disconnected.  I reconnected.  Music stopped again at 19:32, no disconnection notice.  It said they were connected, no music, and I wasn't able to get them connected again.  It's really disappointing, and I find myself actively upset at a company that refuses to support a product.  It's also worth noting that NOWHERE on the website does it say that they are incompatible with Jaybirds.

The solution here is to replace something, and since it seems that the issue is with Garmin, it seems that the watch needs to go.  If not a solution, are there comparable brands that you can recommend?

• Hi again.  This is insane-- I've gotten 8 disconnects in 24 minutes, which is more than once per song.  I am now able to reconnect while I'm running sometimes, but it took about 3 minutes to reconnect on two separate occasions.  Please help.  It's driving me insane.  At this point, I don't even need a solution for the specific watch, but please recommend another brand of watch.  I'd just replace the headphones, but I don't feel good supporting a company that refuses to support me. Please help.

• I'm very sorry to hear about the disconnections, I definitely understand your frustration. I have passed on this disconnection report but am not sure when I will hear an update. The latest update I see is that we have reported this to Jaybird Vista. Regarding headphone suggestions, please see Bluetooth Headphone Compatibility for Garmin Music Watches. I am also sorry for the delay in my response. May I have permission to keep in contact with you via email? 

•   I appreciate the link, but it doesn't say which brands and models will and won't work.  There's absolutely no suggestion here, just a series of light troubleshooting instructions, none of which are really helpful (the distance between a watch and a headphone is likely only a few feet for the most part, right?)  Is the expectation here that I buy a set of headphones and return it if it doesn't work?  The issue with the disconnection started about a year into owning the watch, which is way out of any normal return policy. 

Just to be clear, posted something on this thread from Jaybirds saying that it's on Garmin.  I'll paste it again below.  Are you able to comment on the veracity of that report?

"We have been getting reports of the connectivity issues you are experiencing with your Garmin watch for quite some time now, unfortunately. Our engineers have been in contact with Garmin regarding the issues, and Garmin initially had a firmware update that was put out that was supposed to fix the issue, but didn't. Since then, Garmin has let us know that they are working on a fix and that it should come in the form of another firmware update, but it hasn't happened yet.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience! Going forward, I would continue to keep an eye out for a firmware update for your watch, and hope that they fix it this time around.

Vista 2 works well with other running watches except for Garmin. Garmin watches has an issue with the compatibility with Vista 2 software, We need to wait for the Garmin to come up with the software update for your watch to resolve the connection issue. I would like to inform you that issue does not lie with the Vista 2."

I would greatly appreciate assistance here. I truly don't know how to fix this-- you're not suggesting any specific headphones, or any brand of watch that might better support me (and countless others).  As I mentioned, the headphones work just fine with other devices.  I would appreciate emails on the issue, but perhaps it may be better to keep a more public record of what's going on-- I'm far from the only person here with the same issue.  I truly don't mean to nag, but a fix is long overdue, and the disconnection has made exercising into a super frustrating experience, and all I can think of is how much I hate this damn watch.  Jaybirds is a large company with a huge market share.  For there to have been no fix in two years and none on the horizon, all while new products are put out, is terrible.  I just want some actual help at this point.  Please.

• - Yes I have seen the report of what Jaybird said. Unfortunately, we have still reported the issue to them and do not know when they may be able to provide a resolution.

I do not have any specific brand recommendations because I have not personally tested any out for long periods of time with the vivoactive 3 specifically. I would recommend reaching out to the community on here again and seeing which earphones others had success with.