This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 Beta 6.94 is now available

Download

• For any issues that you encounter, please send an email to [email protected]. In your email please include the software version, and a detailed description of your issue, along with any steps to reproduce. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report. Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 6.90 to 6.93:

• Fixed an issue with swim CIQ apps not working correctly
  • Fixed a bug where CIQ widgets wouldn't properly timeout
  • Allow running Connect IQ apps to be uninstalled/updated
  • Fixed a bug preventing Tempe sensors from being used on Connect IQ widgets
  • Fixed where floors climbed showed an autolap setting
  • Fixed a bug preventing 3-digit pool length configurations
  • To be honest, I didn't check how much my battery drains during activities. I check the overall consumption, knowing how much training I do and their nature (for example I don't use GPS for crossfit, of course, and I use the belt to track HR) and compare the old and new data.

• I understand. Thanks. Garmin should solve that :-/. I use Polar H10 too, because the optic seems unuseable for me. At least on the bike.

• This version still has the bug that drops all third party watch faces and requires reboot to be able to use them again.

• I don't have this problem, if You mean, that You can't install(use) any of third party watch faces.. Today I was on bike. Total tracking time with auto-pauses180 minutes, move 126 minutes. Autpause on, GPS only, Polar H10 strap, data record set on default-NOT 1sec. The battery dropped from 97 to 72 percent, which is 25%. It seemes good to me, but it's possible, that If I start cycling with 50% battery, it will take more than 25%. Only "problem" I have is, that after charging to 100%, the battery dropped within one hour to 97%.

• Odd, that stopped when I installed this. Maybe the issue is part watch and part app? 

• I just noticed, that Garmin Express incorrectly reports version 6.30 on the VA3 although I have installed this beta 6.94 ...

• Any chance we get this fix for the VA3M (CIQ not timing out)  Since FW 4.90 my battery went down from a good 5 days to 2,3 if am am lucky... (1.4% / hr!) ? 

• @garmin-matthew any chance we get this fix for the VA3M (CIQ not timing out)  Since FW 4.90 my battery went down from a good 5 days to 2,3 if am am lucky... (1.4% / hr!) ? 

• - What CIQ app/watch face are you using that is causing the battery drain?

• Thanks for your prompt reply Thumbsup

The same ones as before the FW update and battery drain:

MyABC

Deezer

Weekly activity

Battery widget 

Infocal (watch face) I tried different ones, still big battery drain. 

DwMap

BFhicker.

That's it, and of course the build ones out of the box. 

These are 

These are the same as before the FW 4.90. After the FW update (4.90) the battery drain was quite obvious (I need to charge more often than before).

Let me know if youyou need more info

Thanks.