This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive HR - probable water damage

I live in Ireland.  Since swimming one day, the watch won't work, despite the "50M" notice on the back of the watch.  When I connect it to the PC, it says it charges to 100%, it says it syncs and it says it installs the latest upgrade.  But when I unplug it, the screen won't scroll, the two buttons work intermittently, it says it’s installing an upgrade and then says it fails, and the charge drops to zero in an hour or so.

Any suggestions on how to fix it, or an address to send it to Garmin for repair if needed?

• And we're a just a couple of people who are complaining on this forum, i guess there are many others with same problems out there...

• They did offer me a new HR for about € 131,-. A new one costs € 159,- so not really an offer.
    I bought a Vivoactive 3 a few months ago but I will send it back this week, the GPS is not reliable and therefore my current speed is also incorrect.
    I need a correct speed info because I do train a group of runners.

• Yes,  but I've bought it in  US and I live in Brazil, and it is very troublesome to try to put this kind of warranty to be effective. Let it be. 

• I’m using a replacement now because the first one ended up not being waterproof. This one just fried in the water, too. I need suggestions for fitness watches that are ACTUALLY waterproof. I like the size of the Vivoactive HR but it’s not a quality product. Suggestions?