This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will the vibration issue be solved? (VA3M)

I have, like other VA3M users, problems with the watch vibration, it just suddenly stops working. First time it came with a bluetooth update. No new software update solved it for me. But when I discharged the clock completely, it started vibrating again.

Now after the 4.00 update it does not vibrate anymore, again... Reset or discharging until it dies does not work this time. It vibrates when turning on so it's clearly a software bug.

The VA3M is useless a smart watch without vibrating notifications and the training programs relies on constant vibration feedback! 

So could any Garmin representative give us an ETA when this will be fixed so I can decide if I should send my VA3M back for a refund or not?

• I had the exact same issue with the Vivo3 music I purchased only two weeks before the incident, BUT I was forced to pay $18+ for the privilege for them to examine THEIR defective watch. Especially given that I am on a meager disability income, it was a real blow to my budget, especially just after the expensive the expensive watch purchase! I rate Garmin customer support perhaps a C to C- at most.

• I have a vivosmart 4 which works fine.  I bought a Vivoactive 4S.  First one's vibration motor never worked so Garmin replaced it immediately.  Second one worked one week and the notification vibration quit.  I was on the phone one hour with tech support.   It was a third- party watchface  I had downloaded yesterday which had buggered the notificationsl  Tech support was terrific, patient, and knowledgable.  It's my second go-round with phone tech support and they've been perfect both times.   I'll be more careful about apps from now on.

• Same problem for me.  I received a refurbished Garmin a few months ago because my original one would not charge... now now vibration for alerts.... VERY frustrating!!!

• I have the same issue. Vibrations stop working. I perform factory reset. It works till new activity recording. And then fail again.

• UPDATE: Super happy with Garmin!!  I did an online chat with Garmin and they had me do some t/s steps and determined the device was bad.  They are sending me a new one!!  They sent me a link to print a shipping label to send the defective unit back.

• Thank you for update.

I will try to chat with them on Monday. It is very frustrating when brand new watch doesn't work after few days of use.

• My update: I must say I am very disapointed with Garmin. Fitstly because watch broke after 4 days of use. Secondly because they initially confirmed via chat, that indeed my Vivoactive is broken and needs replacement. But it took 3 weeks to give official feedback to shop where it was bought to close complaint. Meantime I read a lot about other common issues in another Garmin watches, like GPS inacurracy. I decided to take my money back and buy watch of another brand. So this is how I end my adventure with Garmin. With distaste. 

• UPDATE:  Spoke with Garmin on the phone!  Ask a few critical questions.  A very quick and professional call and they agreed to send me a new unit.  I have received my new unit and have used it for several weeks now.  VERY pleased!! Works great!! Love my Garmin!!