This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pool swim error and restart

I've had the watch for 9 months and has been, in the main, a sound investment. However within the last 2 - 3 months almost every pool swim, the watch stops counting randomly, vibrates and goes through the blue triangle restart. There is no set duration it will do this but it's generally after 21 mins, up to the best lately of 53 mins.
Haven emailed Garmin UK about this I have only received a "yes it is an issue" and "we are looking into this" as a response. This error is regardless of type of stroke/charge/tightness on wrist/software update.
I have also spurioisly had double calorie counts on short cycles but tbh, its the pool swim error that's gripped it for me.
???????Anyone else have this issue?
  • Did you ever get a fix on this? I have a long thread here about the issue on my Fenix 6. Started having this issue in June. Factory reset in October and no issues for a month but I'm now back to three corrupt swims in a row. But at least todays swim synced through as a multisport event so I actually have some data!

forums.garmin.com/.../1172809

• Garmin support were helpful and asked me to send them files to help them diagnose the issue. The problem continued through a number of software updates but eventually they released an update that fixed it. Do you know if the problem recurred after a software update?

• I have the vivoactive 3 and since this was fixed I have had no further issues. In fact it is now more accurate than it was previously with respect to how many lengths I have swum.

• it started happening in June. Pretty sure there was an update then but there’s also been multiple updates since then that haven’t fixed it. 

hopefully they come back with a solution!