This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep Monitor Issues

Hello All,
I've been having a few issues with the sleep tracking function on my watch.
Yesterday 9th Jan its seems to have changed my deep sleep reading from 57mins in the morning to 24 minss.
Please see the screens shots attached.

One my main reasons for wanting to use this product was to improve sleep and deep sleep specifically?
What happening? why does this change later in the day?

Also last night the app doesn't seemed to have worked properly at all?

no setting changed, watch has been on wrist all day and night.

Am i doing something wrong here?Very confused?
Why isnt it doing advanced sleep now?

Appreciate all helps,thanks.
George H
  • I have the vivoactive 3 (not music) and it seems to track my REM as the main an only option showing virtually no deep sleep. On my older Vivosmart HR it tracked deep sleep perfectly but no REM sleep. I would kinda prefer that to this sleep tracking as I feel it just doesn't work. Last night I slept for about 8 hours and it said 2hrs+ REM and 34 mins deep which I find hard to believe considering I consistently got 2hrs with my old garmin tracker in deep sleep. 

Hopefully Garmin can have a software update to fix this. It seems to track when I go to bed and wakeup properly though which is nice. 

• Have been trying to monitor sleep with the fenix 6s saffire, I see the same issues as described here.

Somehow inaccuracy could be expected with only movement and heart rate as an input, but the garmin connect app is buggy, as some other people here notices, the deep sleep part might just disappear during the day, while it is there in the morning.

Other things like how many stairs one walks up or down, or the breath rate are very inaccurate. As a sports watch it's ok, but collecting inaccurate data during the day/night and then presenting it with software which just changes and throws away data at random seems rather useless to me.

expected more accuracy for 800 euro's.....

• I have a Vivoactive 3 and a Vivoactive HR. Wildly different sleep data, but the heart rate monitors overnight are much more reliable and pretty consistent with both devices. So I relay on the heart data to confirm whether my sleep is good or bad.