This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 music won't log into Deezer

Just bought a Vivoactive 3 Music due to Deezer integration. I've got it all set up, WiFi seems connected as it says 'transfer complete' whenever I connect the WiFi. I put Deezer on it and I went to sign in. When I go to sign in, the box pops up in the app, allowing me to enter my Deezer Premium account details which I've done correctly. Going into my Deezer account online, I have checked and the Garmin app has been given permission. However the watch just says there are problems signing into Deezer. I'm not the only one given the reviews today on the app within Garmin Connect.
Any ideas. I only bought it for this and it's going back if it won't work. This is junk!

• Garmin has permission to add me to this case
  • I grant Garmin permission to add me to this case.
  • I must say I don't have any reason to believe anyone has this thing working. It's not really a complicated HW + SW combination. It is a simply broken, and Garmin hasn't even made basic testing before announcing availability.
  • Me too, brand new VA3M, Deezer (premium account) login process works until the Sync.
    - connect to Wifi
    - (on GCM) First time log in on Deezer, give a permission to Deezer to be accessed by Garmin Prod
    - Back to the watch, swap "back"
    - get the screen, do you want to Sync music now, Yes/No
    - Connect to a charger for synv, then Blue Triangle of Death, the watch restart.

Garmin has permission to add me to this case.
  • Me too, brand new VA3M, Deezer (premium account) login process works until the Sync.
    - connect to Wifi
    - (on GCM) First time log in on Deezer, give a permission to Deezer to be accessed by Garmin Prod
    - Back to the watch, swap "back"
    - get the screen, do you want to Sync music now, Yes/No
    - Connect to a charger for synv, then Blue Triangle of Death, the watch restart.

Garmin has permission to add me to this case.

When you say you are swiping back, if you don't swipe back it eventually comes up with the problems logging into Deezer message. Yours is not logging in either, that's why it isn't synching.

I appreciate Blake is saying it's been looked at, but it should have been sorted by now . What's happening is that the watch, even though it's connected to WiFi, isn't receiving the signed in trigger from Deezer- whether it's Deezer not sending it, the app in the middle, or the watch not receiving it, is not clear.

Meanwhile I told the fabulous Garmin support (who I'd emailed before coming on here and took ages to come back) that despite what they were telling me, this was a recognised issue and suggested the look at these forums. They came back again saying there were no reported issues.

So Garmin sell a watch called ''music' for which they charge an additional premium, and put publicity out saying it's working with Deezer, only for it not to work and the support to be beyond bad.

I only hope Blake on here is resolving it, as it seems to be our only hope.

I'm thinking of emailing Garmin's CEO asking why they advertise something on a new watch to bait new owners in, then fail to supply it, and have their support insisting there's no issue. Anyone know his email address?
  • Indeed, If I wait instead off swiping back, I get the message saying that Deezer app can't log in. The watch app doesn't seem to receive the credential to access the service...
    I do hope they will sort this out sooner than later.
    With regards to the support vs forum, indeed, the Garmin official support doesn't look at the forum, so if nobody contacts them, there are no issues !!!.
    I had a few words with them with regards to the massive elevation issue with the VA3 and have been told numerous times that despite being branded and hosted by Garmin, the forum is a user to user forum, not a user to Garmin forum !!!...
    Therefore, the only way is to send a lot of queries to the support on the same topic so that, with the right number, they realise there is actually an issue so that they can add it to the defect/issue log and escalate to the software team.
    Surely they are convinced that Deezer works perfectly well !!!
    For info, Deezer does NOT list Garmin as a wearable they are supporting on their website under devices (yet?).