Watch faces from connect IQ not working

Hey,

Is anybody having any issues with watch faces downloaded from connect IQ not working since the update last week? was working fine then my watch updated and any downloaded face I have just gives an error icon in the watch face selection screen.

• There is no differences in draining of the battery between 6.9 and 6.94.
    Still max 3 days (when BT and GPS off).  When GPS in on - max 5 hours of activity record.

I tried all methosd (reset to factory, clean the old datas in GARMIN directory, reinstall all applications)

Still very poor - my old Vivoactive HR: 10 days on one battery with BT permanently on, and almost 11 hours when activity record via GPS.
    For me it is step back in VA3 :/

• I've tried all day now with all the widgets I've ever downloaded and with all the watch faces,  most of them which would consistently cause crashes. Not a single IQ error! I consider this issue solved. To repeat my fix: simply remove all preinstalled Garmin watch faces, install the ones you want et voilà! Please let me know if this works out for you.

Now on to monitor battery drain... 

• Thanks.  I installed 6.94 beta and it works now.

• My Watch Face crashes every time I charge the watch. It is driving me crazy. I've done a factory reset, synced, powered on and off. It seems that every single time something different works. The same thing won't always work to correct it every time - which is maddening. Is it too much to ask to have the date, day, steps, battery life, time and heart rate all on a watch face? Maybe Garmin could create a watch face that had that info.

• I have had to reboot twice this week to just be able to select the IQ watch face. I occasionally had the system change my selected watch face before but had never seen the IQ! until this week. I am on 6.90.  I can't find 6.94 beta to try out.

I completely agree with  that it would be great if Garmin gave us a watch face with date, day, steps, battery life, time and heart rate instead of needing an IQ watch face to get most of that.  I add altitude to my wish list.  Garmin has given us only some very basic, uninspired watch face choices that don't take advantage of the capabilities of the watch..

• I'm on FW 7 now, and I get constant watch face crashes now every time a widget gets a GPS fix. 7 really messed things up again Disappointed

• FW 7 doesn't work correctly with no garmin watchfaces. Weather not working

• I can confirm that weather does not work in any third party watch face. 

• Firmware 7.00 is exhibiting an issue where watch face background network calls do not take place. "xDrip+/Spike Watchface" and "NightscoutWatch" are going many hours/days between network polls. In the past when those network calls failed, errors were displayed, but that isn't happening, so I think the watch may be failing to start the background task? I have just downgraded to firmware 6.90 (which I found in the 6.94 Beta zip file) and the watch faces started working again. Note: firmware downgrades cause a factory reset, requiring you to pair again and re-apply your settings.

• Update: this workaround is not useful because the app just forced me back onto 7.00 almost immediately.