This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

(Known Issue) GPS tracking totally wrong since 2 days

Hi everyone,

i have the Venu since approx. 1 year. GPS tracking always works fine for me while running or cycling. Now since two days, the tracking is totally wrong. Although it has stable GPS connection, the saved track is totally wrong. Start and Stop do not match and the route is completely different from what i actually ran, sometimes nearly 1 km off in parts of my town where i definetly haven´t been to. Does anyone else have a similar problem.

My girlfriend has similar problems with her Vivomove 4.

Best,

• Hello! I bought my Venu just 2 days ago, and today was my first run with GPS. The route is totally wrong (different place near my city) and the distance shown was also more than twice bigger. And that is not the only inaccurate measurement. I made a stair training and after 8 flours, even if the activity summary was ok, the stair board shows 3250 flours!!!

I just hope I don't have to return the watch.

Sorry for eventually writing mistakes, English is not my first (or second) language.

• Today I had same issue. Run 10km and my tracked route was 15km off and was about 10m long on a map. My tracked distance was ok because I run my 10km circle ( no to mention the tracked trail was almost straight and start and finish didn't match)

• Check altitude recorded during activities. I have the same problem from 24th December. I think that is problem with GPS module. Tomorrow I will return beck my Venu. I bought it, after one year of using Garmin Edge 530 from which I'm very happy. I would like to use one common platform, but now I disappointed from my Venu. In past I have used Samsung galaxy sport and I newer had this kind of problems. Taday I use it again and watch work perfectly but Venu record path on North of Poland, I was in South of Poland  in mountains. 

• Same issue.

My run is dozens of meters away the correct place.

Further, altitude is telling me I'm almost 500 m below sea level.

The correct should be 45 m over sea level.

• Yeah, mine doesn't say "expired" as well. Did an indoor run today so can't tell yet if it's fine.

• Fix is coming.  The issue is affecting lots of watches, not just Garmins. www.dcrainmaker.com/.../gps-accuracy-impacting-devices.html

• FYI - if anyone has an activity that they need to move (i.e. the whole thing is just offset), I was able to drag mine to the right place using the WTracks tool. Link here https://opoto.github.io/wtracks/ - it's a simple load up of your gpx file, drag to the right location, and save. You can also do other editing etc if needed, but it was perfect for my needs.

• Went for a walk outside today. GPS was accurate. Took less than 30 seconds to acquire the GPS signal. So I say for me, it has been resolved.

• This issue arose on my Venu the other day and I understand how annoying it is. My GPS signal was way off and was saying I was in a different town. To fix this, before I started another workout, I set my watch to GPS only. (Before it was on GPS and GLONASS.) I think the problem was that GLONASS was not working and that was what my watch was using. However, now I've disabled GLONASS the navigation and GPS seems to be much more accurate, with no mistakes. I hope this helps for you too as well as it worked for me.