This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why does Venu keeps asking to update every few minutes?

It seems to be stuck in some sort of updating cycle. Green update check button on the bottom of the screen and red X button on the top. Middle of the face says "Software updates are available. Est. time 1 min. Install updates now?". A blue triangle appears and then some sort of what looks like a download logo. Eventually the watch gets back to it's regular watch face. Then a few minutes later it asks again to update again, over and over again.

• ok, thank you. And then?

• You'll see the real GPS version.  This happens at times when there is a GPS update.

• Same problem here: my Venu keeps reminding me on a daily basis about a "1 minute GPS update". If I approve it, the update goes through (supposedly), but the same notification is there again the next day. I can also initiate the same update through system menu / updates. If I don't approve the update, Venu says something like: "Alright but the update will be done automatically during the next night". That goes through, but it doesn't change anything: the next day the same update notification is there again.

SW version: 5.10
    GPS version: 4.50

• Please view the beta post that addresses this issue here

• Anyone can make up their own mind if they want to be guinea pigs - I decided to be one and when I installed this 5.15 beta, I first lost wifi connections (I was not able to check SW updates anymore) and then when I rebooted the watch, I lost the connection between my phone and Venu.

I wonder how this 5.15 beta was tested, before releasing it...

Now I need to downgrade, i.e. I will lose all the settings in my Venu.

EDIT: I was able to get the Venu<->phone connection back, by connecting Venu with a cable to my laptop and then disconnecting. SW update check however does not work, but Venu fails, when it tries to initiate wifi connection for the check.

EDIT2: I needed to downgrade: the moment Venu lost the connection to the phone, it did not reconnect anymore. Maybe it would have done it by connecting Venu to a laptop, but that is not an actual solution.

• Thanks God that Amazon sent me new Venu without that issue.

Good luck!

• Hi Guys,

After having my files for a few weeks, Garmin have sent me this fix (below). Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me so they are looking back into it again. Does it work for anyone else?  I'll update if anything else comes through!

Hope you're well - I'm reaching out with regards to the investigation.

If the issue persists, please follow instructions below depending on what computer you have:

Windows

1. Connect your Venu to a PC via USB cable
    2. Press the Windows key + E on the keyboard to open File Explorer
    3. Open the Garmin drive once it appears
    4. Open the Garmin folder
    5. Open the RemoteSW folder
    6. Delete the file named gup3107.gcd within this folder

Mac

To delete the Bluetooth files:

1. Connect your Venu to a Mac via USB cable
    2. Open the GARMIN drive on your Desktop or in Finder
    3. Open the Garmin folder
    4. Open the RemoteSW folder
    5. Delete the file named gup3107.gcd within this folder
    6. Empty the Trash bin

After you have deleted the problematic file from the Venu, please unplug it from your computer, and restart it (power off and on again).  Once you've done this the issue should be resolved; if you are however prompted one last time for an update please sync it through Garmin Express - see link below for instructions on how to do this via the Garmin Express application on your computer:
    Venu - Updating the Software Using Garmin Express

• Version 4.50

In an update loop now

• Version 4.50

in a gps update loop now and am ok with receiving direct messages about this issue.

• Same problem here, GPS version is 0.0. Happy to receive direct contact. Have tried all troubleshooting steps here except updating to beta.