This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu SW 4.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Change log:

• Fixed an issue with debug logging
  • New headphones Plantronics Backbeat Fit 3100 and today I had the same issue...

now I try to Factory Rest and I will test it in the next days...

i hate to be a Beta Tester for Garmin Venu ....

• Same issues since yesterday.

• With this version several problems, is unusable!

- The battery lasts 1 day
    - The stress calculation does not work: it often says to check the wearability of the watch
    - The heartbeats detected are 10, 15 pulsations higher
    - The pulse oximeter always detects low values almost always below 93%, I would already be hospitalized.
    - Respirations are overestimated, sometimes they are very quiet and I calculate 20 per minute.
    - sometimes he tells me to stop and take a break. I am well seated and calm.

• I've already had one Venu replaced by Garmin and possibly heading for a second time. I continue to have software and BT connectivity issues. 

• The METEO widget isn't displaying correct data: for example, it is displaying 17°C on the Garmin Venu and 22°C on the Apple iPhone meteo widget; quite a big difference. Moreover, there's no way to see for which city it is displaying the temperature.

Would be great to have at least the name of the city displayed.

Other trouble: the GPS detection in 'GPS+GALLILEO' mode is very slow to get the signal from Belgium.

• The lag of the downloaded watch faces is the biggest downside for me since I got this watch. For me all third party watch faces become useless. Please fix this Garmin!

• Jest. Przed wystartowaniem aktywności wejdź w jej ustawienia i tam masz automatyczną pauzę. A jeśli chcesz pauzę na żądanie to użyj górnego przycisku.

• I have the Venu for 4 weeks now, first it was at SW 3.80 with no battery problems, suddenly battery life was from 100% to 10% in 6 hours. After sw update to 4.70 seemed OK, however my experience is that after charging the Venu via PC (USB) the battery life was dramatically: from 100% to 50% in 3 or 4 hours!! Even with a restart of the Venu.

I only use BT for connectivity. No further activities or tracking steps etc. (during this test phase).

I then charged the Venu to 100% via the Garmin power adapter (5V 2A output) through a normal power outlet. Did a restart and behold: battery life is now 5 days, so normal.

now I have activated the "activity tracking" for steps and stress etc.. still battery life is excellent.

my suggestion to Garmin SW group: check the software on bugs when Venu is charged (means connected to) via PC.. 

further experience with SW4.70: 

- hydration widget: when inserting how much I drank, suddenly the widget resets to a lower amount drank.

- when receiving a notification of an email and selecting "delete", the e-mail is not deleted on the Venu, it is deleted on the phone.

- I shut down the Venu during sleep (not going to sleep with a watch on): body battery does not reset properly.