This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep tracking accuracy

The sleep tracking on the Venu is waaaaay off for me. I like the watch, but the sleep analysis and accuracy makes me consider returning it. It often reports me going to sleep several hours before I actually go to bed. I've been wearing the Fitbit ionic and the Samsung Galaxy watch on my other wrist to compare and those 2 seem to be pretty spot on. The ionic is so precise I can actually use it as a diary of what happened during the night. I often have a hard time sleeping consistently and therefore wake up a lot. My awake times are reported to be around 45+- every night on the ionic and WA2 while the Venu says around 5mins. I know this is soooo wrong. Makes me question all the other details about deep sleep, light sleep and REM. Right now this part of the watch is just unusable.

Anyone with the same experience?  Is a fix coming?

• I have exactly the same experience, bought the Venu 3 days ago.  Been faithfully wearing it to bed the last 3 nights, no sleep data displayed on Garmin Connect.  I did whatever I could think of such as resetting to factory default, reinstalling connect, updating (many times) the software, checked notifications on-off time, bed-wake time etc etc.  Suggestions, anyone?

• My wife wears hers to bed and it tells her that she has 1 or 2 minutes of awake time per night.  That's total crap.  Even little kids have more awake time than that.  She has accepted that the sleep tracking is garbage and is nowhere near what she had with Fitbit and now just wears it to bed so that she can get her average heart rate.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

The left image is morning I sync from Venu to Garmin connect and the right record is same day evening. Why the record will change within same day? It took out Deep and combine into REM

• One of the reasons i give it back. Its complete garbage. You can call the pope in rome, and he will do that better as garmin on your arm.

• I’m having the same issue. I wake during the night and often struggle to return to sleep and my Venu only recognises quick trips out of bed, thinks once I’m laid down I’m asleep. I’m concerned the inaccuracies will effect the other measurements. I’ve moved from Fitbit knowing Garmin provide more accurate step count, heart rate monitoring and reliability but the Fitbits I’ve had definitely gave more accurate sleep analysis. Disappointing, not least because it was way more expensive

• Yeah, Garmin sleep tracking accuracy is terrible. I really hope they fix this but the fact that they haven't done so already, or even acknowledged that it's a problem, doesn't inspire confidence.

• I do not understand why the Garmin calculates the time when I did not wear my Venu watch at night as part of my sleeping . during the time I do not wear the watch the HR sensor will be turned off so this means this period of time is not measured and should not be added to the sleeping time. why this hard to be implemented?? if the sleeping tracking is not accurate then other data which is related to it will not be accurate too.

i hope they can at least fix this part soon.

• I take mine off and shut it down every night before bed.  I get up and turn it on in the morning.  That's the only way to keep it from recording sleep time that doesn't exist.

• i am a programmer and I am sure Garmin developers can fix this it should not be hard. I just can not imagine how they accept it.

• Any changes in Sleep Tracking or is it bad as it ever whas?