This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem connecting another user to the smartscale

Hi, I bought the smartscale wich I thought was great until I tried to add my girlfriend as an invited user.

here is the message I get everytime I try to install the smartscale on her phone ( iPhone 7+) :
deviceXml or deviceID cannot be null. Please check device ID is valid for passing GEMS verification.

Thanks for your help
  • Same issue from Spain...
    Not posible to add more users.

Tried from Android (Error acurred, tray again later...) from IOS Iphone 6+(GMES verification)
    Waiting a solution for a new Scale!!!
  • This issue has been escalated and we are actively working on this.
  • Please send us an email when you fix it!
  • I have the same issue. Please keep me informed.
  • This issue has been escalated and we are actively working on this.

Hello see also URL: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/garmin-connect-mobile-application/garmin-connect-mobile-ios/149970-can-t-add-second-user-to-garmin-index-scale

I have exactly this even when the smartscale is configured with ANT+ with Garmin Express:

"Have close story...

But in my case, invitation coming, but no chance to accept it.
    I'd like to use Garmin index together with my wife. So, I add Index to my Connect. Made all settings. All fine, it's working with my account properly.
    So I send invitation to my wife, when she try to accept it, fill all data, and press "done" in her mobile Connect IQ (iOS) received error :

"deviceXms or deviceId cannot be null.
    Please check device id is valid for
    passing GEMS verification".

I've tried to reset Index and add it to her first and after to invite myself. No success - get error in same place (I have android) but without any comments.
    Tried to add user from web page. On click "Done", the button just become gray and no any further movements...

Firmware of Index is 3.0"

Is there a workaround? And do you know what the timeframe is when it`s being solved?

Best Regards,

• I'm having the same problem here and am unable to add users. Pls keep us updated on the fix.
  • Same problem here, just brought this and probably take it back now.
  • I am having the same issue here. Actually I have owned and used my scale for over a couple of years already. My wife and 2 daughters were all invited and added without a problem 2 years ago. About a couple of weeks ago I saw that the scale was having problems connecting to the server and sending measurement info. I thought it might have been my WIFI problem so I reset the scale, which deleted all of the accounts. After adding myself successfully, I was unable to add my wife and kids again, having the same problems as everyone is highlighting here.

I suspect there must have been a firmware update or some change that happened that is causing this problem. I was happy with the scale and how it operated for the past couple of years until these recent problems.

Any feedback or response from Garmin? Any plans to fit this from the server side or with a firmware update?
  • By the way, when the scale is working correctly it is pretty cool and does exactly what Garmin promises. It's great especially if you are already in the Garmin universe, as it syncs with Garmin Connect and all of your info is right there to view. Like I said, it was working fine until recently. I think Garmin will fix this problem eventually with a firmware update or tweaking something on the server or software side.
  • Very disappointed - just bought these and have same issue. Tech support were all about rebooting/ reloading/resetting - no avail. Just tweeted Garmin and Garmin UK - no satisfaction - the scales go back. So sad - we are brand loyal where garmin is concerned but this kind of think can put you off.