This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim activities on GC Calendar

Just been on (new)GC and have noticed that the calendar view doesn't allow me to add my swim activities.

How do I remedy this?
Thanks
  • Workaround for Swim Notes

Hello All,

I have a way to get the swim workouts on the Garmin watch during the workout. Radek_MTB has developed a great app that will display the notes as a data field for the swim activity. This app will allow you to have the swim workout on the watch while doing the workout.

Big thanks to Radek_MTB!

IA
  • Same problem for me.

First of all I think ordering posts by creation date desc (newest post first) would be useful.

If I schedule some tri training plan, swim activities appears as the same way as rest day on garmin connect. If I click the swim description appears as normal. But In my device this activity doesn't appears and obviously same in my watch. Bike and running activities works fine

What's the problem? Are your working to fix that? The first post is from 2014. Is a 3 years up fix?

Thanks, and we hope you reply as soon as possible
  • I am facing the exact same issue. It is almost unbelievable that Garmin has not fixed this in 3 years!! Wow :mad:

I am using 920xt
  • Same here on 920xt no swimming activities on Iphone app the days are empty where it should be swim. This is from the 12 week tri plan
  • Same issue

I'm experiencing the same issue. All the swimming scheduled activities appear as notes and cannot be viewed on Connect iPhone.
    They correctly synced with my 910xt but not the iphone.

Anyone can help?
  • Still nothing with this scheduling issue? I have a Fenix 3 and the swim workouts do not show up on device nor on my iPhone. Any work arounds?
  • Hi Folks

I'm new to the forum using the watch for triathlon (did my first 2 weeks ago!). Has this issue really not yet been sorted?!?!?!? C'mon Garmin!

It is a right pain to have to go to a desktop to see swims (even have to print them out sometimes when my goldfish brain can't cope with the complex ones!) and a travesty that they aren't on the watch when it is clearly triathlon-ready. Why not just have swims work the same way as run/ cycle workouts do?

Also, just in the last week - is anyone else having problems seeing workouts that you've done? Now when I click on the workout it just shows the headline of the box but no details??? Anybody have any tricks there?

Regards and thanks
    R
  • Hi,
    same issue with a 735xt. The swimming workouts don't appear in the calendar...

has someone found a way around? Creating the workouts individual manually?!
    Has Garmin done something since the first post in 2014?

cheers
  • Hi Folks

I'm new to the forum using the watch for triathlon (did my first 2 weeks ago!). Has this issue really not yet been sorted?!?!?!? C'mon Garmin!

It is a right pain to have to go to a desktop to see swims (even have to print them out sometimes when my goldfish brain can't cope with the complex ones!) and a travesty that they aren't on the watch when it is clearly triathlon-ready. Why not just have swims work the same way as run/ cycle workouts do?

Also, just in the last week - is anyone else having problems seeing workouts that you've done? Now when I click on the workout it just shows the headline of the box but no details??? Anybody have any tricks there?

Regards and thanks
    R

I have Fenxi3 with same problem. Swimming (as part of Traithlong training plans for example) will be shown as a note on desktop calendar. Not shoen in calendar of the app and are not transferred to the watch as workouts.
    As a work around until garmin fixes it (it has been reported for 4 5 years now), to go on top right of calendar on desktop and publish the workout as a URL and add it to your calendar. What I do , I copy paste the link into a brower which downloads a file and upload that file into a distinctively coloured "workout" calendar on my Google calendar. So when i go swim , i have my phone in my waterproof bag by the pool to remember the next setp/laps.

GARMIN PLEASE HELP
  • Just wanted to bring this thread into 2018 - still broken.

It does work if you publish the calendar into your google calendar, which is an ok workaround, but the notes dont show up in my GC App on my iphone, which is really stupid.

Garmin.... come on now.

Aaron

Just been on (new)GC and have noticed that the calendar view doesn't allow me to add my swim activities.

How do I remedy this?
    Thanks