This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 935 SW 19.10 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout percentage). 

UPDATE: There was an issue with calorie calculation that was found and resolved with the 19.10 update, along with everything in the original 19.00 update.

Change Log

• Fixed altimeter calibration in activity.
  • Fixed an issue with altimeter calibration. This should address speed spikes in activities with 3D Speed enabled. (For example: Ski.)
  • Fixed an issue where the device might crash when unplugging from USB.
  • Fixed an issue where the watch may freeze during a Ski activity.
  • Fixed a couple of issues which should improve device stability.

• Not that I know of. I tried a hard reset, but the issue persists. Next step is to try without any sensors and custom watch faces and see if that helps. 

• I am having calibration issues on the treadmill activity 

• Since the latest update of 19.10 I have problems with the altimeter. During an activity it doubles the altimeters. Can I install the previous version to solve it?

• I have same problem since latest updtae of 19.10 .I can´t find previous software version...forums.garmin.com/.../wrong-elevation-gain-after-pause

• I have problem with altimeter data. In my case, my Garmin 935 didn't have this problem, but from the moment I have updated it to version 19.10, I have verified that, in outdoor foot races, the increase in altitude is always 0. Any way to fix this? 

Thanks 

• I'm experimenting some GPS accuracy issues during my open water activities. Bad precision, compare to 2019 summer open water activities. Anyone here experiments this too ?

• I see the accuracy about the same than last summer. I have swam several sessions by now and I have noticed only one  really curious thing. I added CRTDatafields https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/ed502057-1f8e-4e29-96be-fcbb55b3b552 to Open Water Swimming as additional data field to get watch to log the temperature more accurate than 1 degC (which is the built in logging accuracy). That make the logged GPS track much worse, actually it's like that I have been drunk so zigzagging here and there around the true path taken. Still, the total distance seems to be OK giving me 1:50ish/100m and actually the zigzag motion is not that bad but centre properly around true path. But, It seems that Strava is recalculating distance based on logged GPS+Galileo track and so overreports distance to be at least 1.5 times too long Disappointed

Without that additional data field the accuracy of recorded track seems to be just about same than last summer compared to my reference device Polar V800 on other wrist. FR935 seems in generally report about same or somewhat (0..10 %) less total distance than Polar and Polar track is always more "smooth" (it's like FR935 route is logged as sparse GPS points connected by straight lines and Polar logs dense GPS route appearing as smooth curvature along the FR more angular path).

Below are couple recent sessions with and without additional CRTDatafields data field compared to Polar V800 routes on lefthand side. The exact routes taken on sessions 1 and 2 are not same but the total distance are about the same:

• Session 1: V800: 1756m FR935: 1666m
    • Session 2: V800: 1790m FR935: 1632m

Session 1 with CRTDataFileds

Session 2 without CRTDatafields

• Yes...GPS jumps in all directions during swimming. In fact, GSP in open water swimming does not work anymore. Distance+position +speed calulations are rubbish (Deviation: +-400m). 
    I compared with activities with SW 14.10: (same place, same distance): worked with accuracy of +-50m. 

• When I updated to this version, 19.10,  my heart rate data was not longer being saved on the watch.  It was displaying my heart rate but not the graph.  On shutting down the watch and starting it up again the heart rate data started to be saved to the watch again.

• Good evening, since the firmware update in 19.10 I'm having problems with the altimeter. When I stop running the altitude drops 15 meters and as soon as I start running again the altitude goes back to its normal value so that at the end of a session on the flat (on the athletics track) I can cumulate 150 to 200 meters of D+/D-. The last version that worked well for the altitude was the 15.10. I hope an update will fix this problem.