This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wifi ”service” down?

In the last 12 hours or so I havent been able to sync via wifi, is there some known issue although connect status website is all green? I’ve removed and added my network and that work fine and I can see the watch from my router, but cant sync. I’m in Sweden.
  • Worked this morning at about 7 am german time.
    Now at 2pm same as last days - network error /networktyp not compatible.
    Garmin what are you doing?

Now it's working fine and constantly. Anyway, it's a shame as I called Garmin on March 18th reporting that issue. They told me to sent back my FR935 as they need to replace it. Which they did in a real good time. But it cost me (and Garmin as well) time and money, which was not necessary.
    But now 'all is good mood' is back :-)
  • Anyway, it's a shame as I called Garmin on March 18th reporting that issue.

So the issue was not fixed within one week, more about 1,5 weeks then.

They told me to sent back my FR935 as they need to replace it.

Excellent problem fixing. Well, typically the first idea is to do a hard reset. Second: replace the watch.

smh
  • Hi,
    I can confirm. It works with GCM on Android, but doesn't work on iOS. Step by step:
    1. pair your watch with Android phone via bluetooth in GCM
    2. go to GCM -> GARMIN DEVICES -> FORERUNNER 935 -> DEVICE SETTINGS -> WIFI NETWORKS
    3. delete existing WiFi network
    4. add your WiFi network again and allow to test connection to new created network
    5. turn off bluetooth on you phone
    6. try to sync your watch via WiFi

I didn't try after this procedure to sync my watch via bluetooth and again via WiFi.

This worked for me also. And I am reading now that everything works fine again..

It's good that problem is solved.
  • So, Saturday the problem seemed to be solved for me. I was able to sync via Wi-Fi.
    However, now, Monday afternoon, the problem has reemerged. Same error message. Unable to sync.
    I'm in Denmark.
  • Same here. It's down again. Re-adding wifi worked before but now it won't fix the issue. WiFi test returns "connection successful" but sync is not working with previous error message.
  • Hi,
    I can confirm. It works with GCM on Android, but doesn't work on iOS. Step by step:
    1. pair your watch with Android phone via bluetooth in GCM
    2. go to GCM -> GARMIN DEVICES -> FORERUNNER 935 -> DEVICE SETTINGS -> WIFI NETWORKS
    3. delete existing WiFi network
    4. add your WiFi network again and allow to test connection to new created network
    5. turn off bluetooth on you phone
    6. try to sync your watch via WiFi

I didn't try after this procedure to sync my watch via bluetooth and again via WiFi.

this worked for me few days ago, but today the same network error is back.
  • Fed up with this. Not working for over a week, worked briefly yesterday and now not working again. It’s an expensive bit of kit to have to put up with it not working as it should.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    Mine came back up on the 29th. I've read today's post about being back down, but fortunately, mine has been working fine all day. Strange.
  • Mine working fine since the 29th. No more errors.
  • This morning's workout uploaded via wifi this morning. Seems to be back to normal.