This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Optical sensor Damage??

Guy's
Have any of you seen damage to the optical sensor similar to what is in the attached picture. I charged the watch just over a week ago and there were no crack, the watch has been on my wrist since then. The only reason it was off my wrist was to charge it and I noticed the marks. ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1391464.jpg
  • my 4th 935 since my original purchase in March 2017.

Is there really nothing better out there for you? You must have been incredibly unlucky. I, and my wife, still have the first ones since buying in May 2017.
  • philipshambrook, I think that chap phillips was exactly right about the quality of your updates.

(Note: For the record, I am aware Philip Shambrook of the same name as I still haunts these forums providing blindsided 'advice', often nonsense and useless; so please don't bother replying mate - I don't want any non-advice or cheek; if you're not paid by Garmin I suggest at least applying for minimum wage; you deserve it for the amount of pro-piffle you post. Got to get that post-count up eh?)

YAWN!
  • Welcome to the four devices club!! I looked long and hard before getting a fourth. There really is nothing else out there with the features, size, and weight IMHO.

Other watches like the smaller Suuntos didn't have Ant+ support and also missed out on Strava live segments as two examples off the top of my head.

For me Wiggle had them in stock vs waiting 4 weeks from Garmin!!
  • Noticed my sensor's cracked today - it lasted nearly 5 whole months. With the duff software throughout the summer, I can't say my 935 ownership has been the entirely positive affair I'd hoped.
  • I am just about to receive my 4th watch, there have been delays at Garmin UK with 935 stock. It will be interesting to see how long this fourth watch lasts. I did wonder the other day if the two year warranty resets every time I get a new watch from Garmin. I am sure philipshambrook can tell me!
  • you have warrenty for youre purchase and not for changed products. So you have 2 year warrenty from purchase
  • Sorted my RMA today - and asked about stocks ... Apparently 350 available! So not exactly short!
  • What’s the procedure for a RMA? I’ve just noticed my 935 has a crack on the sensor as well! Thanks
  • Gr4z I think it varies a little by country but email garmin support and send details of the issue along with photos and they will advise - if you are in more of a hurry then get on the telephone to them
  • I used the online web chat, that resulted in a couple of emails with photos and then a call to arrange the RMA, payment etc. (I have paid for an advanced RMA - I pay the full RRP of a new one, and that gets refunded when I return the old. I am marathon training, so dont want to be without the watch).
    Im in the UK.