This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No walking activity profile?

I just got this today, its my first garmin watch. I immediately took it for a walk and saw that there was no "walk" option, so I logged it as a run and figured I could go in and add the walk option later. But I don't see a walk option, so I listed it as "other." On garmin connect there is a walk activity, and it seems like there should be a walk activity on the watch too. Am I missing something?
  • Yes, this is an open discussion forum but you treat it as a debate club and your debate style is abrasive and irritating.

A discussion can involve questioning someone's point of view but if you do it in a coarse or uncivil manner then you kill the discussion. Maybe you see that as a way to "win" the debate but all you've really done is lost the ability to have people engage with you.

Sorry to everybody else for dragging this off-topic. I'll shut up now.
  • You did see his Username right? LOL
  • There is also Motorcycling and Snowshoeing in the selectable activity types in Garmin Connect. By that logic, do you have the same expectation that such profiles would be available on a running/triathlon/multi-sport watch (or more specifically just the FR735XT)?

Thanks for that. I did not mean specifically that because there is a walk option on GC that it should be on the watch as well. That is why I did not state "there is a walk profile on garmin connect, so therefore it should be on the watch as well, along with every other possible option on garmin connect." I should have been more clear, I see this has garnered a lot of discussion.

It is probably obvious, since this is my first garmin watch, that I am new to the whole thing. I'm still figuring out garmin connect. One of the first options I saw when trying to log my walk on there was that I could change it to a walk fairly easily, and since this seems like a pretty logical, common form of exercise (at least to me), it just seemed a little odd that it wasn't available outright on the watch's activity profiles. I did not see the options for motorcycle or snowshoeing, because I did not look any further once I saw "walk," but I don't doubt they are there.

I have spent far too long addressing this now, thank you to everyone else's helpful suggestions, I will look into them.
  • One of the first options I saw when trying to log my walk on there was that I could change it to a walk fairly easily, and since this seems like a pretty logical, common form of exercise (at least to me), it just seemed a little odd that it wasn't available outright on the watch's activity profiles. I did not see the options for motorcycle or snowshoeing, because I did not look any further once I saw "walk," but I don't doubt they are there.
    Thank you very much for your reply. I hope you didn't find my question antagonistic, as several others here (to whom I did not address the question) obviously found it to be.
  • I just got this today, its my first garmin watch. I immediately took it for a walk and saw that there was no "walk" option, so I logged it as a run and figured I could go in and add the walk option later. But I don't see a walk option, so I listed it as "other." On garmin connect there is a walk activity, and it seems like there should be a walk activity on the watch too. Am I missing something?

Hopefully the Walk profile will be added to the 735XT in a fw update.

The exact same thing happened when the Fenix3 was first released in April 2015, no walk profile, so I recorded them as a Hike.
    About 2 months after release a Walk profile was added via fw update.
  • Thank you very much for your reply. I hope you didn't find my question antagonistic, as several others here (to whom I did not address the question) obviously found it to be.

No............as your Forum name suggests you are just a smug dill.. ;)