This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Various problems with my Garmin 645M watch

I bought a Garmin 645 Music Watch a few months ago and I have several problems with it:

1.After I push the start button for a run, it immediately stops again ( the next second) by itself and I'll need to push the start button again to make it work!

2.When walking and or hiking it gives me the wrong kms. I noticed that when I go for a hike and take a lunch break, the kms and time continue to add up. Very weird, when you're sitting still and you see kms being added. Even when I have pushed the stop button, the kms continue to add up. Yesterday, when hiking 15K in the mountains, the watch switched itself off, during a lunch break and I had to start all over again.

3.I have been wearing my watch 24h a days 7/7 since I bought it a few months ago. However for the last few nights I had to take my watch off at night, as I'm wearing a splint.  I noticed in the mornings that the watch shows 450 calories used, while it has been laying idle on my bedside table all night. I doubled checked at midnight and it went to 0.

Needless to say that I'm not impressed with Garmin at all. I was persuaded to buy a Garmin watch after many problem free years with TomTom.

I did my homework before I bought the watch and the 645M sounded great. I now did a bit more research and there seem to be quite a lot of problems with it.

I have not done a factory reset yet, as I'm afraid that I will loose all me info in the Garmin Connect on my computer. Someone suggested to delete all the info from my phone at the end of every month. This seems to help for some people, but hope that for a watch, which costs quite a lot, an easier solution can be found.

TIA for your help from a very disappointed and unhappy Garmin user.

• Thanks for the update. I agree. In the meantime, I have spoken to many others  who use Garmin. All have a problem with the GPS, when using for anything other than running. My friends with Suunto never have a problem and I myself have used TomTom for years without a hitch with the GPS. The GPS problem is really only with Garmin. 

I think it's a joke and  don't understand how they dare to ask so much money for there watches. I have moved away from it and are now using a Suunto. No GPS problems at all!, no extra adding etc. A happy Suunto user.

• I don't think that you have read the thread. Many people have lots of problems with Garmin, when not used for running.