This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay not working on 645M

Had a Garmin 645 Music for a year. Garmin Pay working fine with a Santander card. Garmin Pay stopped working suddenly in December. The company I bought it from inspected it and agreed to send me a new replacement a few weeks ago.

That one worked fine for about a week, now the same thing, card readers can't read my watch.

I can select it on my watch, enter my PIN and it shows the screen with a picture of the card. It's just any card machine can't read it.

Wondered if it was as software update issue? Very strange it's happened twice.

Anyone else had the same problem?

• I'm having this issue... only problem is my SW version is 6.20 so now what? It's not a update problem then... it's a Garmin problem. It's frustrating

• Given the velocity of messages on here and how soon after 6.5 this emerged, it still feels like a s/ware issue to me. Garmin obviously don't think so though. After a handful of interactions with support over a few weeks, they're replacing my watch under warranty. The interaction which preceded this decision was them asking for me to generate a diagnostic trace from the watch (which I did). So maybe they did in fact see something in that trace which indicated an actual hardware error. Will report back when the new unit arrives.

• I got mine replaced from the retailer. Worked for 2 days then did the exact same thing. Was brand new,

• I have a feeling the same may happen here too if as I suspect this is a s/ware issue. Will see soon I guess. At least it'll rule out hardware being the issue. Not complaining about getting a new device really, the one they were replacing has been in daily use for over a year, so if they want to give me a new one then it's fine by me.

• I honestly doubt it's a hardware issue. Adding new (or just re-adding your current card) results in payments working just fine, even if just for a small period of time. Also I'm interested to hear that support actually got back to you, in my case they didnt respond much after initial few days.

• It was somewhat slow between responses at times, but they kept the ticket open and I did prompt them with a couple of reminder emails at times.

• Quick update on the matter - hard factory reset appears to fix the issue. I've pulled  the trigger and set up everything from scratch last thursday,  payments have been working fine ever since. If something changes in upcoming days I'll let you know.

• Hi that would be great, if it works for another week for you I'll do the same thing 

• It's been a full week without any issues now. I've used it roughly 15 times in the past 7 days, last time maybe 25 minutes ago and it works like a charm.