This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645M Freeze after FW 6.20

In the morning I got software 6.20 for my 6.45M.

After the first sync over BT and mobile: FREEZE !!

Restart the clock. Now you can see how the battery power decreases 1% in every 3 minutes

Reset to defaults, same issue

• Last day I went for a run, and before that, I turned off WiFi and Bluetooth, in the end I did a save and everything went well. So the problem seems related to WIFI or Bluetooth or both. If there is someone in the Garmin office maybe could use this information for something useful.

• I really think that the problem is with wi-Fi cause the only time my watch freezes I was saving the activity on the elevator almost at home... so at wi-Fi range... I never had another freeze and never save close to wi-Fi...

• Mine also freezes when I save after a run far away from home. For shure there are other WLAN's available, but none that my 645 knows about it.

• Forget wifi, it's turned off on my watch yet it was still freezing maybe 1 in 3 activities. Since using the workaround of pressing the back button to return to the watchface then no problems.

• Using a no music FR645 I had crashes with the 5.90 firmware and hadn't had one with 6.20 until today. May the crash only happen when pressing exit/return to watch face manually. The last few upload I had left alone showing all summary and it didn't freeze. Today I pressed return and had my first crash with 6.20.

• I was wrong, today I went for a run, wifi and Bluetooth of and the watch crash again after save.

• I wouldn't say "forget WiFi", since at least in my case freezes stopped when I disabled it. Freezes were happening when I ended workout near my home, were WiFi was available. At other places, no freezes.

On the other hand, in my case, the key press sequence after ending workout has no impact one way or the other, I have tried the combinations recommended here. But I'm sure it works for some people.

So apparently we may have multiple reasons and conditions for freezes. Not everyone's case is the same, keep open mind.

• My experience is similar. I have only seen freezes when my run ends somewhere where I have a WIFI network configured on the watch.

• Garmin French support give me a file to install in a folder (it’s necessary to connect device to computer using USB) last week. For now, it’s working. 

• Yesterday I had my 3rd freeze since FW 6.2. When I finished my workout (running), I got the message to remove my RD pod and then the watch froze. Only button working was the light button so I still could switch backlight on and off. Had to reset the watch (long press on light button) to get watch working again. Please Garmin, fix this, because I had a perfectly working watch before FW 6.2.