This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay Pin Code

since the update to 2.50 I have to enter the code every time I pay.
  • Did you remove the 645 from your wrist between payments?
  • No, it never leaves my wrist. I paid for an item at 11am and tried to use it at 10pm.

To be honest I would prefer there to be no code to enter. My phone and bank card don't need one so why would I need one on my watch.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    The pin code is a security measure so that if someone else has your watch they would not be able to pay for things without your permission.

Are you able to provide a screenshot of your Garmin Connect Timeline where you see heart rate date between 11 am and 10 pm?
  • As requested, screenshot showing the HR was measured all day
  • I noticed someone said that it took two entries of your passcode before it stays unlocked.

I tried this just and my wallet is now unlocked and I don't have to enter the passcode.

I took the watch off and he presto I needed to re enter the code. I tried to re enter my wallet and the code appears which I entered. 3rd time I enter the wallet and it's unlocked.

Seems like there is a 2 in the Garmin pay code instead of a 1 somewhere.
  • This morning my wallet needed a passcode meaning it didn't stay unlocked for 24 hours.

It took 3 passcode entries this morning before it remained unlocked.

It's quite annoying to have to keep entering the passcode.
  • I tried this again this morning and it's now unlocked after entering the code once.

One further question. Can it be made to work without having to go into my wallet? Or is this a constraint on battery so that NFC isn't on all of the time? I would of course always prefer battery life over payments.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    We will want to continue to keep an eye on this discussion. If you are now only needing to put the pin in one time every 24 hours or after you take off the watch then that is what we will want to see.

As far as needing to access the wallet each time, it is designed that way to help extend battery life. If the NFC was on all the time we would see quicker battery drain.
  • I will keep testing and advise if I have to unlock more than once.
  • Ok, so not 24 hours from my last post and it wants me to input the code again. This despite the watch not being taken off.

Screenshot attached showing constant HR. Or it would be if this forum would work properly

?????Is anyone else seeing these issues or just me? It's pretty easy to test, enter the code then back out of the wallet app, then go into it again and see if it's asks for the code again. Failing that buy something then go back into the wallet.