This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 45 won't turn on

I was having trouble getting my FR45 to connect to iPhone (which I struggle with every time) so after trying everything else I thought maybe if I turn it completely off and then back on again it would connect.  So I shut it off, and now it won't turn back on again.  I had probably 50% of the battery left when I shut it off, and I've got it connect to the charger right now, but it still won't turn on.  

Any ideas?  Anyone else had this issue?

• This worked on my garmin swim 2, thanks 

• No, Garmin, it did not fix the issue on my sons 45S  -> BTW you should KNOW whether you fixed an issue - not "belive" ;-)

We have Version 3.90 on my sons watch and it did not start again. If I plug it to the cable it powers up and shows 100% charge. As soon as I remove thee cable it goes of and would not turn on without pluging it to the charging cable again.

Worthless watch at the moment.

Unfortunately, holding down any button fo any period of of time does not fixe the issue. Maybe in the new watch OS version even the describes fix does not work anymore.

• Hi Matthew, how can one download a new version of the software to the watch, if the watch is not turning on...?  Mine has not been in use for over a year, and I cannot get it to turn on at all.  I have tried charging it for yours, I have tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, I have tried pressing the power button repeatedly - none of this has worked....  THere does appear to be life in it as I do get the garmin logo and battery symbol when I plug it in...  Help...!!!

• You'll want to reach out to your local Product Support team to look into available options for you.