This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sync issue

I've read through previous posts and can't find an answer and tried contacting Garmin support direct and no response.

Previously the Forerunner 35 connected and synced seamlessly with the app on my android phone.

A week ago it said no app connected and would not sync.

I disconnected the watch from the phone and tried to re-connect via blue tooth and it just goes around in circles saying ready to pair, the phone finds the watch, the watch provides a code and before I can finish entering it the watch returns to "ready to pair".

I have tuned the watch off, done a factory re-set, un-istalled and re-installed the app and the tried to connect to a different phone all to no avail. The watch does sync via cable to the garmin express on my PC, but not all data gets synced (steps for instance does not get recorded).

The blue tooth symbol also seems to have disappeared from the watch face.

I think that the watch might have recently updated to 3.20, but not 100% on that.

Anyone any ideas?
  • Try disabling location services on the handset. I was having the same problem with FR35 and Huawei P9Lite. It has been wrking fine for two days now after disabling Location services.
  • I talked last night with people from Garmin Support Center into a chat and talked about this problems who emerged on our watches and they say that its a problem with a list of phones including and especially Huawei. They asked me to have pacience until an update is released for Garmin Connect, Garmin Express and / or Forerunner software. Maybe it will be a Huawei patch also included but they don't know yet. In conclusion my / your problem does not have a solution for now. We have to wait and try different ways to solve it.
  • Hi there,
    i was wondering how you managed to pair by disabling the location feature on your smarþphone.... GC does not allow me to search for my huawei p9 lite without the gps on !
    And thanks Raul for the heads up
  • Finally got this back from Garmin ;(

"This issue is something that we are aware of and are working hard towards a resolution, however, we do not have a timeframe for this to be completed as yet.

When the issue has been corrected, the fix will be released in a software update. This will be announced on your Garmin Connect account or on Garmin Express. If, at that point you require further assistance please contact us via our Contact Centre whereby we will be happy to talk you through it.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience."
  • I've been using Garmin Express with no problem while waiting for a fix.
    My phone just update Garmin Connect and I tried to connect again: hurra! It works on the first try!
    Subject resolved for me.
  • I've been using Garmin Express with no problem while waiting for a fix.
    My phone just update Garmin Connect and I tried to connect again: hurra! It works on the first try!
    Subject resolved for me.

Hello,

On my P9 Lite I wanted to try to connect one of the Forerunner 35 and still can't do it. I did the Google Play Store update for GC at latest version and tried to pair with the watch but no succes. How did you do it and if you're kind to share with the others? Maye some steps?

Thanks.

Raul
  • There is a current issue with Huawei phones as i think they have changed the Bluetooth stack. Garmin are working with Huawei to try and fix it.
  • Hi
    I finally managed to pair my F35 with my P9 Lite ! Hourra !
    Here are the steps I followed :
    - in GC, go find your watch in the list of equipments to pair (GPS and internet must be on)
    - Select your watch in the list, but do not click on "pair" yet !
    - on your watch, parameters>bluetooth>pair equipment (or whatever it is in English)
    - disable mobile data and GPS on the phone
    - go back on GC, and "pair" your phone by clicking on the blue button, at the bottom of the screen (might be partially beind the red bar saying you have no internet)
    - the pairing number appears on your watch
    - put it on your phone, and validate
    - QUICKLY re-switch mobile data and GPS on, otherwise, it seems that the registration of the wathh times out, and the whole process stops.

hope it helps.

• Hi,

RaulGeorge: Didn't your message, sorry. I had not used any specials steps. After the GC update it just works.

But my watch stopped to sync data with my phone, and when I tried to pair it again it has failed with times out (but not with the symptoms of the beginning of this thread).
    I've tried the procedure seen on https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/running/forerunner-735xt-aa/1271325-735xt-bluetooth-sync-issues-huawei-p9-lite/page3 (almost same as Brestofburden one's) and was able to pair it again.
  • Hi,

RaulGeorge: Didn't your message, sorry. I had not used any specials steps. After the GC update it just works.

But my watch stopped to sync data with my phone, and when I tried to pair it again it has failed with times out (but not with the symptoms of the beginning of this thread).
    I've tried the procedure seen on https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/running/forerunner-735xt-aa/1271325-735xt-bluetooth-sync-issues-huawei-p9-lite/page3 (almost same as Brestofburden one's) and was able to pair it again.

I succeded to pair the FR35 with P10 Lite but hard and sincerly after he timed out a lot of times and dropped out with it, I've got a message on my watch that with an SMS (the pairing was timed out since 10 mins) and since then he is paired with the phone but not able to get the data out with GC. When I try to sync it with GC the BT sign on the watch disappears instantly. Anyone got any idea about this problem?

I will try to sync the other FR35 with P9 Lite to see if it works. Any new updates of software on the watches?