This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR35 steps and sleep not tracking

Step counting and sleep tracking are no longer accumulating. As near as I can figure, they stopped after an outdoor run session. Everything else seems to work fine. I can see my heartrate, sync, etc and the only clue I can detect is that on my iphone app, under settings -> widgets , the steps widget and time and date widget are both grayed out and will not toggle.

When I toggle through the screens on the fr35, the steps counter does not increment.
  • Went on a 4.5 mi walk today and my FR 35 recorded a third of my steps on the watch but I did not see any on the activity. I restarted per above and my partial steps went to 0! Is yours fixed?

• I run and connect with phone, but my workout not record the step.

• Anyone found a solution to this? April 2020 and I am not seeing any steps/sleep time for over a week now....

• How did you reset the watch? I have shut it off and back on, but the bug still remains....

• I fixed my problem by changing manually the sleep time for last night.....After the adjustment, the steps started counting....

• Hi,

I did full reset and it worked for couple of days and the issue came back again.

I am very unhappy with the watch and issues encountered, is it possible to get the return from Garmin?

Please confirm,

thanks

Marc

• My experience with Garmin support is that they are very supportive, and they will promise to help you, but then they never follow up with the cases. You have to be very persistent and pushy with them. I am not sure what your particular case is, and how long you had the watch for, but I expect that they will be open to an exchange more than a refund.... good luck.

• Thanks, this is my son watch,

I am a huge Garmin fan myself but very disappointed with this one.

Do you recommend following up here or contact them directly?

Let me know,

thanks,

Marc

• Your best bet would be to call them directly.

If you want this resolved you have to be persistent.

Good luck

• This is the Garmin proposed solution and it worked for me. Hope this is helpful for you.

Thank you very much Garmin for the support!

Press & hold the left upper/power button for 30 seconds (Soft Reset) & then connect it to your computer.

See, via Garmin Express if there are any pending updates for the watch.  Please follow the instructions below.
    1. Open Garmin Express (can be downloaded at garmin.com/express) 
    2. Ensure that your device is the device listed in the top bar 
    3. On the Your Queue box, it will tell if a update is available
    4. If updates are found, please click Install/Install All

Next, remove 4 folders from the watch, please follow the instructions below.
    1. Open the device's drive in your computer's File Explorer(PC) / Finder(Mac) 
    2. Open the Garmin folder 
    3. Delete the Activities, Monitor, NewFiles and RemoteSW folders & GarminDevice.xml file
    4. Empty your computer's Recycling Bin(PC) / Trash Bin(Mac) 
    5. Eject the device from your computer

Next, let the watch charge to 100%, wait for another 10 minutes, eject from the computer and restore

the defaults on the watch.  Please click the link below for the instructions on how to restore the defaults.

Restoring All Default Settings Forerunner 35