This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue introduced by 5.1 to 5.2 upgrade

I don't know if it's just me but since my Explore updated itself from 5.1 to 5.2 it goes 'deaf' to the remote after it has been into & out of standby or powered off/on.

For the purpose of my explanation, I will say that once several minutes have elapsed since the last remote button press, the Explore temporarily 'forgets' the remote.  
Whether this is the remote going into standby or whether it's just a time-out thing, I don't know & it's not relevant.

My experiments show that-
It doesn't happen if the last remote instruction is recent- i.e. a button has been pressed within the last few minutes.  I can turn the Explore off/on, then press a button on the remote, & it is still recognised.

Also, even if the Explore has 'forgotten' (see above) the remote, providing the Explore has remained on, pressing a remote button produces the expected 'remote found' message.  

However, if the Explore is turned off/on (or in & out of standby), and it has 'forgotten' the remote, any subsequent button presses on the remote are ignored by the Explore.

The way to recover the pairing is- Menu-Sensors-Remote, Disable, then Enable.  The next button press on the remote then produces the usual 'remote found' message from the Explore.

Not the end of the world but irritating.

• I finally succeed downgraded my version to 5.1.

Everything looks good, I just have to test battery consumption now, I hope it will be better.

Something strange, when I synchronise with garmin express, for him my version is 5.2 and not 5.1, you have the same?

Thank you for your help TERP1234.

• Great! Hope it helps for you. I have to look in Express, I was not aware of different versions there. 

• Hi Terp1234, very interested in your comment about the battery drainage after software update!  I bought a Edge Explore at the end of last year but am only starting to use it now.  I was out for a 62 mile ride today with the Edge Explore switced on for 4 hours 10 minutes, using directions and everything else at 'normal settings'.  At the end of the ride, the battery had drained from 100% to 11% - in just over 4 Hours!  Surely this can't be right?  Can you please tell me how to use your 'link' to take my unit back to the 5.1 version?  It's currently running the 5.3 version!

Any help would be much appreciated!

• I just bought a new Edge 130 and had all the same problems with the metric and Celsius issues. I reset the device and unpaired it from my iPhone. I then got a prompt to update the software, which I did. I am not sure of the version but I did the update today (4th May 2021 Australian time). I then started the Edge once again as if new and then paired with the phone. Everything is now metric. Ok hand